Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic HR Manager to join the National HR team to handle all facets of HR for our Denver greenhouse including employee lifecycle, employee relations, recruiting, performance management, training, morale, and compensation/benefits. The HR Manager reports to the VP of People.
Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. As a consultant and implementer, the ideal candidate will be accountable for the execution of HR strategy and all people-related decisions and processes. The HR Manager will be an integral member of the site leadership team and partner with managers in HR matters. Working closely with the VP of People and regional HR Managers, this position will bridge the gap between strategic and tactical HR functions, initiatives, and processes. The successful candidate will be exceptional at handling multiple priorities, communications at all levels, handling confidential and sensitive materials, and influencing various levels of stakeholders. In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. Experience in the greenhouse or fresh produce or perishables is preferred but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st-century food system.
What You'll Do
• Implementation of all HR processes and projects for the Denver greenhouse.
• Partner with site level leadership to coach managers and ensure HR practices support business objectives.
• Spearhead HR resources and projects to contribute to overall HR strategy that have significant impact and influence to continuously improve business processes.
• Manage employee lifecycle: recruiting, onboarding, training, performance management, employee relations, training/development, offboarding.
• Ensure timely and clear bilingual communication for all HR employee initiatives.
• Manage data integrity for all employee data - especially consideration of confidential and sensitive matters.
• Partner with the broader HR team to advise and deliver compensation and benefits information at site level.
• Act as a subject matter expert on state and local employment laws and regulations - advise as appropriate to ensure effective employee relations.
• Partner with the VP of People on matters as necessary to supporting site level effectiveness and local performance.
Who You Are
• 8+ years of recent Human Resources generalist experience, with emphasis on hiring, employee relations, training & development, internal corporate communications, change management, and implementing innovative employee solutions.
• Spanish Fluency required.
• Experience implementing HR practices within a consumer, production, or manufacturing environment consisting of exempt and nonexempt production workforce is strongly preferred.
• Strong results orientation with a demonstrated ability to oversee practical, solution-driven initiatives and human resource processes that are perceived as quickly adding value to the business.
• Proactive self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
• Strong client orientation and ability to build working relationships, credibility, and trust.
• Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters, utilizing sound judgement in a complex environment; knowledge of IL and US employment laws.
• Experience working effectively with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders.
• Additional skills: Microsoft Office, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS, Asana, Sharepoint.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Outstanding leadership skills with ability to present views in a clear and compelling manner, and develop trust and influence with all employees at all levels.
• Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation, and influencing skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Reliable and highly motivated with a creative proactive and collaborative team-focus.
• Passionate commitment to the company mission and vision.
• Relocation support will be available where applicable.
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 350 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.