About Empire Office
Empire Office is the largest commercial furniture dealer in the world, with over 76 years of experience and more than 400 full-time employees across the country. We are the preeminent Steelcase dealer in the United States and support a list of more than 400 manufacturers. We partner with best-in-class architects, designers, brokers, craftsmen, and manufacturers to deliver proven workspace solutions. With creative and cost-effective results, we address business challenges and activate brands.
Empire Office is currently seeking a Sales, Business Development in our Alpharetta, GA office to join our growing team. The function of this position is to manage client expectations, provide quality-based products, and knowledge-based solutions. This position will be responsible for increasing market share and profitability by cultivating client trust through daily account oversight.
- Update client on new product offerings and market trends
- Exercise value engineering when interacting with client
- Work with Marketing Department to provide updated materials and information to client
- Seek out opportunities for ancillary products and additional services to offer up
- Provide prompt and courteous response to client inquiries, needs, requests, etc.
- Avail him/herself to client for face-to-face meetings over general phone and email communication
- Share Empire story and promote depth and breadth of resources he/she provides
- Promote the unique capabilities, knowledge, and expertise he/she possesses to client
- Remain cognizant and prepared for any anticipated client needs
- Possess an understanding of the competition for proper product positioning
- Negotiate with vendors additional discounting then forward to management for increased profitability
- Continually practice strategic social relationship building
- Carry out forecasting and strategic account plan
- Act as the "quarterback" throughout the sales process by facilitating and managing all steps involved
- Coordinate necessary actions as they are carried by the Sales Coordinator or Project Manager
- Monitor all reports (waiting, unbilled or aging)