Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven and hardworking individuals to fill positions as Production Assistants. Production Assistant positions are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and are accustomed to manual labor-intensive jobs. Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assisting in the harvesting and packing of leafy vegetables and herbs
- Inspecting produce, arranging leaves, and preparing produce, for boxing, and proper cleaning & sanitation methods
- Cleaning and Sanitation of Packhouse, Greenhouse, and Channel Washing
- Assisting in loading products onto U-boats/pallets and loading them onto our trucks
- Assisting in in the loading and unloading of Greenhouse and Packhouse supplies and materials
- Handle leaves , look for bugs, and proper cleaning & sanitation methods
- Ensure proper hand washing and use of gloves, aprons, and hair nets.
- Ensure PH Packers maintain clean clothes, personal hygiene and good health (e.g. no coughing, etc.)
- Packers adherence to the Packhouse dress code and packing regulations, (e.g. no earphones, no hoods, footwear specifications, no food, drinks, etc.)
- Ensure clean work areas, bins, trays, scales, tables. No mobile phones or food on packing tables.
- Ensure that soiled or dropped leaves are not packed
- Ensure coolers are clean and temperatures are stable
- Inspect and weigh produce; discard leaves as necessary; ensure no bugs, damaged leaves, tip burned leaves or leaved dropped on floor enter package
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour shift
- Must be comfortable working in summer heat conditions and air-conditioned rooms
- Must be able to work at a steady pace and must be detailed oriented
- Must have a reliable form of transportation, train, bus, car, Etc.
- Open availability to work various work schedules including weekends if needed
- Must be authorized to work in the US
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation for sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.