Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the van driver is to provide reliable and courteous transportation service to patients with safety a top priority and to maintain vehicle and customer records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner;
- Maintain defensive driving;
- Provide a communication link between customers and staff
- Assist passengers, including handicapped, in and out of the vehicle; operates ramp and lift as needed;
- Read and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service for patients,
- Keep the assigned vehicle clean inside and outside;
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, patient transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, and other records that are requested from management;
- Fuel the assigned vehicle adequately;
- Coordinate the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management.
- Serve as T.H.E. Clinic ambassador while providing transportation service.
- Provide coverage for Patient Service Representatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.