Make a difference every day by joining CCRES as a Direct Support Professional (DSP)!
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) is a direct service (face to face) provider in the adult day program supporting consumers in community settings using a person-centered planning approach to assist individuals in acquiring, maintaining, and improving self-help, domestic, socialization, and adaptive skills.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm.
- Flexible to consider a DSP to work 2-3 days between Monday-Friday.
- Location: Achieve program, 150 E. Pennsylvania Ave., Suite 430, Downingtown, PA 19335.
- 11 paid holidays!
- 10 days PTO!
Primary Responsibilities for Direct Support Professionals:
- Provide 1:1 - 1:6 ratio (face-to-face) services in adult day program and community settings to assist individuals in acquiring, maintaining, and improving self-help, domestic, socialization, and adaptive skills.
- Provide support in the general areas of self-care, communication, fine and gross motor skills, mobility, therapeutic activities, personal adjustment and recreation.
- Provide transportation as necessary to enable the individual’s Community Participation Service in accordance with his or her ISP.
- Support the individual to participate in community events, associations, groups, functions, volunteer associations or community work projects.
- Bridge communication gaps and facilitate meaningful social connections within the individual’s community with the ultimate goal of employment.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
Reliable Transportation required to take a consumer out for community-based activities.
Physical & proven ability to safely lift 50+ pounds
Due to the population of clients this program supports, proof of full Covid-19 vaccination is required.
(Clearances, TB & physical must be current within 12 months)
- PA Child Abuse (Act 151) Clearance
- PA Criminal (Act 34) Clearance
- PA Department of Human Services (DHS) Federal Criminal History Report (Use DHS Code: 1KG738)
- TB Screening
- Physical examination
- Education Documentation - Diploma OR Official Transcripts
- CCRES is a non-profit industry leader providing educational and behavioral health HR/staffing services within Southeastern PA. We work in partnership with the Home & Community Services (H&CS) program of the CCIU to provide the highest quality behavioral health services to individuals with special needs.
- Benefits for employees working 30 or more hours per week will be eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental & Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, FlexCare, Short-Term disability and Life insurance.
- CCRES 403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan – 3% matching contribution.
- Educational partnerships with Saint Joseph’s University, Eastern University and Capella University.
- Employees are eligible to receive compensation for required trainings.
- Milestone service award (5 years, 10 years, 15 years)
- Gift card raffle on pay-day Fridays.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The pay rate for a Direct Support Professional (DSP) is $16/hour and progresses to $18/hour.
CCRES is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Work with clients with special needs – related keywords in the behavioral health field: RBT, Registered Behavior Technician, Registered Behavior Tech, behavioral health, behavioral health services, education, education services, educational services, psychology, ABA, applied behavior analysis, CCRES, social work, social worker, special education, autistic, autistic support, autism support, life skills, learning support, emotional support, MDS, multiple disabilities, multiple disabilities support, personal care assistant, PCA, BHT, Behavioral Health Technician, IBHS, Intensive Behavioral Health Services, TSS, Therapeutic Support Staff, Therapeutic Staff Support, Behavioral Health Rehabilitative Services, BHRS, wraparound, child care worker, Childcare, Child Services, children services, Child Welfare, Classroom Aide, jobs for moms, jobs for parents, childcare, teacher's aide, teaching assistant, teacher's assistant, instructional aide, instructional assistant, paraprofessional, instructional support, tutoring, teaching, teacher, Coach, Counseling, Crisis Intervention, Crisis Prevention, Day Care, Daycare, Education, Early Intervention, Family Services, Human Services, Instructor, Nanny, Nursery School, pre-school, Paraprofessional, Preschool, Psychology, Public Welfare, Residential, Residential Counselor, Teacher, Teacher Aide, Tutor, Instructional Aide, Instructional Assistant, IA, para-educator, regular education, special education, TA, Teacher Assistant, home care, healthcare, health care, home health aide, mental health, human services, social services, IDD, intellectual developmental disability, mental health specialist, CCRES, educational and behavioral health services, adult services