Teacher Created Materials is a 45-year old, award-winning publisher of educational and trade books and digital products. Recent growth has necessitated hiring an Academic Officer in our Professional Learning department to support our professional development services and to facilitate sales.
Teacher Created Materials offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus Company Holidays
- Generous 401(K) Match
- Generous Childcare and Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Plus more
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing, this individual will join a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization that values creative thinking, with a focus on meeting and exceeding goals.
Academic Officers serve as a link between marketing, sales, and the content development departments. They have extensive knowledge regarding education and the education market and can readily apply that knowledge. They stay current on educational research, curriculum and instruction, and education policies and initiatives. They also have a depth of expertise in one or more key curricular areas. They support regional sales teams by developing key partnerships with customers at the school and district level. They provide professional development and assist in recruiting and developing a network of regional trainers.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop national presentations and provide professional development for Teacher Created Materials curriculum resources as well as for our imprints, Shell Education and Free Spirit publishing.
- Grow new and existing markets and assist in generating revenue by building partnerships with customers at the district and state level.
- Attend key sales calls and conduct sales presentations
- Work with sales consultants and regional managers to facilitate product sales pilots, adoptions, and key initiatives in key school districts.
- Write conference proposals and present at national and regional conferences as requested.
- Actively recruit, train, and support regionally based trainers and consultants.
- Train sales representatives on Teacher Created Materials curriculum resources and those from all imprints.
- Provide executive reports that report and synthesize market trends and topics.
- Act as a liaison among marketing, sales, and content development departments by serving as a product expert, consulting on product development, aligning products with needs, and providing positioning support during the development of marketing materials.
- Create professional development and implementation plans.