Lift Operations Manager – Mountain Creek
Location: Vernon, NJ Reporting to: General Manager
SNOW Partners Mission Statement:
“To Enhance the Lives of our Team, Guests and Partners by Building Lasting Connections.”
About Mountain Creek:
Mountain Creek, a four-season resort, offering skiing/snowboarding, bike park, waterpark, weddings, mountain coaster, restaurants, and lodge.
How the Lift Operator works with the Team:
This Full-Time Year-Round position is responsible for the safe daily operation of all Lifts, Zip Tours, Coaster and Colorado River. Adherence to all standard operating procedures, to include the completion of open/close checklists and all other necessary documentation.
Team Member Responsibilities:
- Conducts staff hiring, assists in scheduling, and writes performance evaluations for staff.
- Develops, conducts, and documents training of staff on proper safe operations of the various lifts.
- Ensures strict adherence to all resort policies, safety procedures and procedures.
- Coach staff to provide a courteous, friendly, helpful guest service and safety experience.
- Observes, coaches and counsels the team on Lift Operations service and safety guidelines.
- Creates a fun, team-oriented atmosphere while adhering to guest and team member safety guidelines.
- Supports and works with Lift Maintenance trail, to accomplish off season maintenance needs
- Responsible for summer operations to include the Mountain Coaster and Colorado River rides.
- Creates a cohesive work environment with peers, departments, interdepartmental contacts and vendors
- Ensures documentation of checklists, ride count logs, team member and guest incidents, etc. are completed, legibly, and timely, in cooperation with Ski Patrol.
- Manages the Lift Operations/Adventure budget to meet and or exceed goals.
- Responsible for maintaining all lift related signage.
- Works with the Risk Manager to ensure guest safety.
- Zip Tours- Train guests and team members on proper use of equipment and best practices/techniques
- Other Resort duties as assigned.
Team Member Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of lift operations, and/or resort operations preferred.
- Lift Maintenance experience preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory experience necessary.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to perform manual labor tasks including shoveling snow, chipping ice, carrying stanchions.
- Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions.