REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to AASCU mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to work effectively in both face-to-face and virtual settings using variety of technology tools such as MS Suite, Zoom, RingCentral, etc.
- Experience working with Airtable.
- Strong Microsoft Teams experience required– specifically related to project management.
- Experience working on a diverse team.
- Comfortable making decisions and taking ownership of work.
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Ability to think critically, with strong interest in innovation, user experience and customer service.
- Ability to understand a variety of perspectives, manage priorities, and decisively meet expectations.
- Self-starter who works well independently.
- Ability to prioritize given tasks and work efficiently towards completing them.
- Detail-oriented and exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience with complex electronic file management.
- Strong problem solver and analytical thinker.
- Professional demeanor.
- Aligns department and individual goals with Association mission and values.
- Commitment to acquire Project Management Certification such as the CAPM within 1 year of employment, if not already obtained.
- Commitment to acquire Microsoft Office certification within 1 year of employment, if not already obtained.
- Work collaboratively with staff and other divisions in the identification and development of appropriate innovative solutions.
- Understands and appreciates the values, beliefs, knowledge and capabilities of our staff, our partners, and the people we serve.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Project Management certification preferred or commitment to obtain it with 1 year of employment.
- 5 or more years of experience in administrative support, project management, or executive assistance
- Event planning experience preferred.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, AND LOCATION
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance; 15 paid holidays plus additional annual leave; above market contribution to company sponsored 403(b) retirement plan; tuition assistance, on-site fitness facility, 24/7 building security, secured bike storage and more. Additionally, available underground public parking is accessible for all employees at their own expense.
This is a full-time position located at AASCU’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. AASCU staff are currently required to be in the office in a hybrid schedule of 2 days in the office and 3 days optional remote. All AASCU staff are required to be fully vaccinated including boosters as recommended by the CDC schedule.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Cover letters AND resumes must be submitted for a completed application to be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AASCU is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
AASCU is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in all Association policies and the way we do business at AASCU.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, if applicable.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time (50%).
- Constantly operates a computer or laptop; however, some standing and walking may be required when attending in-office meetings or events.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with team members via email, phone, or virtual meeting room and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Lift and carry a minimum of 10lbs occasionally.
- Occasional travel to an office/conference event