Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About - Gesa Credit Union
The Senior Rewards and Relations Partner plays a leading role by providing high quality and professional service to all team members in maintaining, administering, and leading functions in the areas of compensation and benefits (rewards,) and performance and engagement (relations). The Senior Rewards and Relations Partner will report directly to the Human Resources Manager/Team Leader, and partner with other members of Human Resources to accomplish goals and serve our team members.
What You Will Be Doing:
In addition to being able to perform the essential functions of the R&R I and R&R II positions, the Senior R&R will:
- Ensure the highest level of accuracy of the HRIS database, entering employment actions, benefit information and related data.
- Oversee the benefit enrollment process including new hires, qualifying events, and annual open enrollment process.
- Work in partnership with and may be delegated to serve as the primary contact for, the insurance benefits broker, engaging effectively to ensure the plans run smoothly, investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Partner with the HR Manger to lead the benefit renewal process, analyzing current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience, and competitive trends in benefit programs.
- Perform compliance testing and governmental reporting for benefit offerings.
- Ensure job descriptions are maintained, updated, consistent, and clear.
- Perform job evaluation and FLSA classification.
- Advise team leaders and team members on sensitive employee relations matters, including performance issues and disciplinary actions; advise and assist team leaders in identifying employee relations issues and determining appropriate course of action.
- Assist with internal investigations; provide clear and concise documentation and consistent recommendations to leadership regarding resolution.
- Take the lead role in responding to all internal and external audit inquiries regarding Human Resources. This includes but is not limited to the annual CPA financial statement audit, annual defined benefit plan audit and annual 401K audit. Demonstrate knowledge and fluency in labor laws and ensure compliance with all State and Federal Employment laws and regulations.
- Create and maintain HR statistical reports for all areas of assigned responsibility.
- Analyze existing HR processes and procedures; implement efficient workflow for assigned HR disciplines.
- Understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars as approved by supervisor. Maintain awareness of policies and regulations related to duties and responsibilities.
- Display leadership values such as mutual respect, trust and dignity, and act in the best interest of the credit union. Lead by example by displaying solid ethics and integrity at all times.
- Control risk and operate in a safe and sound manner.
- Maintain and protect sensitive data utilizing the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability to deal tactfully, effectively, and confidentially with individuals in all types of situations.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to objectively coach team members through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Ability to work with great accuracy and be detail oriented.
- PHR or SHRM certification preferred.