The Potomac School Athletic Department is looking to hire a qualified head coach for our Varsity Boys and Girls Swim program. This vacancy of for the 2023-24 school year. This is a part-time, seasonal position, paid through a stipend and is not benefit eligible. The person in this role will be working with student athletes in an environment where academic expectations are high.
As a connected K-12 learning community, Potomac offers many exciting advantages. Just three miles from the rich resources of the nation's capital, our modern campus is situated on 90 beautiful, wooded acres.
At the Potomac School, athletics are at the core of a balanced educational experience and hold equal footing with academics and the arts in the overall development of our future global citizens. We believe our core values of courage, integrity, humility, perseverance, and respect are acutely learned and honed through teamwork and athletic competition.
The 23 different interscholastic programs of 38 teams are formed according to ability, and most programs include varsity and junior varsity squads. Varsity teams strive to compete at the highest levels while emphasizing sportsmanship and teamwork. At the junior varsity level, success in competition is encouraged, while skill building and participation are the primary goals.
Our Girls teams compete in the 15-member Independent School League (ISL).
Our Boys teams compete in the 7-member Mid Atlantic Conference (MAC).
- Guide the personal development of each student-athlete on the roster.
- Organize, communicate, and execute daily practice plans.
- Communicate weekly schedules to parents.
- Support athletes in the college recruiting process.
- Meet with the AD at the beginning and end of every season.
- Prepare and condition athletes.
- Lead game day equipment preparations and set up.
- Coordinate with Athletics to create social media content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.