The Adult Health Homes program is seeking a full-time Care Manager out of our Albany location. This position is responsible for developing a professional trusting relationship with clients and community providers in order to ensure coordination of services and positive outcomes. This role will be responsible to provide a full range of services to clients and their families, including care/case management, advocacy, information, referral, visits to the client’s home.
- Coordinate referrals as assigned, and respond to referrals within a reasonable time to facilitate management through health intervention.
- Interview the patient to assess decision making, coping skills, and barriers to managing their healthcare needs.
- Assist patients and families by providing support and education regarding availability of identified services.
- Work with patients in both routine and stressful situations related to the patient’s medical, physical and behavioral health condition.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Social Work or a related field, and two years experience providing direct services to persons diagnosed with mental disabilities, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, or substance abuse.
- Requires the ability to drive, must possess a valid drivers license and automobile that is insured in accordance with New York State Requirements.
- Must be able to work well with individuals of various backgrounds, age, ethnicities, life positions, and socio-economic statuses.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Our employees receive a generous time off and health care package, tuition reimbursement, loan repayment assistance, free training/CEU opportunities, flexible work schedule, and much more!
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.