Does the challenge of overseeing daily operations for your team invigorate you? Are you organized and able to multitask as the leader of an interdisciplinary board and card game design team? Do you thoroughly enjoy process improvement and developing your team? Fantasy Flight Games is looking for a driven and detail-oriented Card Game Manager to join the studio. If this sounds like you, continue reading to learn more about the role and how to APPLY!
ANA is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Ticket to Ride,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories. We base our success on our three core values both internally and in the wider market; honesty, integrity, and fairness drives everything we do.
Summary of Position
The Card Game Manager is responsible for managing a Design department team and ensuring that all products created by the departments team members are high quality, innovative, and fun.
- Work with the Head of Studio, Product Strategy Director, and Executive Game Designer to develop product strategies for long-term department success.
- Track the progress of all department projects.
- Manage day-to-day tasks of department team employees.
- Reallocate assignments and responsibilities of department team as needed.
- Provide motivational support, coaching, and encouragement to department team members.
- Innovate processes and training to streamline the department and support the team.
- Playtest and review department products with staff to ensure milestones are met and quality is upheld.
- Review and approve Vision Documents for all department products.
- Ensure internal and external department product playtesting procedures are efficient and effective.
- Communicate needs and maintain strong working relationships with other departments. (Organized Play, Marketing, Licensing, Art, Graphic Design, Production, etc.)
- Maintain good working relationships with various licensors, partners, and freelancers.
- All other assignments as required by management.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent project management skills must be able manage multiple projects and milestones.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven, high-energy environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong social skills used to yield results and foster a creative environment.