The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Office of Strategic Operations and Performance Management in the Office of the Chief Operating Officer for the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is responsible for leading and coordinating policy efforts across the agency specific to the various components of health reform. The office also coordinates strategic data projects related to agency operations and analyses for Agency priority initiatives.
Under direction of the Director of Strategic Data Initiatives, the Data Scientist will support the agency’s partner management system, Public Health Partners Connect (PHPC), a Salesforce-based system which stores the Agency’s partner facing outreach and engagement data. This role will coordinate with agency stakeholders to better understand public health programs in order to design and execute geographic and statistical analyses. Additionally, this Data Scientist will serve as liaison between internal programmatic staff to build and maintain data systems and feeds for PHPC. This system currently supports the Agency’s external, partner-facing COVID-19 efforts, with rapid development, deployment and support for new COVID-related initiatives. For this current pandemic, this role will also need to be flexible, and, as needed, gather requirements, build workflows, train users and report results to stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Other duties will include, but are not be limited to:
- Assisting in the design and execution for data visualization and reports using a variety of tools including Tableau, Salesforce, R, Pentaho and others.
- Working with team members, including those within the emergency Incident Command Structure (ICS), to improve data quality and maintain master data governance over the partner management system.
- Mapping new data sets and sources into predefined schema or developing new schemas as needed, while maintaining data integrity.
- Working with data managers and outreach staff across the agency to provide as needed technical assistance to maintain data fidelity.
- Conducting analysis on data and business processes to identify trends and anomalies in the partner management system.
- Coordinate and execute cross-divisional reporting and data visualization initiatives as assigned by leadership.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and stakeholders across the agency, creating reports to demonstrate the impact of partnerships on varying health outcomes
- Conducting deterministic and probabilistic matching to deduplicate entities within the management system.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for data and technology questions as they relate to Salesforce and its associated system which include:
- Assist with and manage feature upgrades using project management best practices.
- Build, test, and maintain ETL processes for new and existing data integrations.
- Communicates complex technical and data information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with SQL, R, or Python a plus, but the desire to learn new technologies and a strong analytical framework is more important than experience with scripting languages.