You can do the work you love, be your authentic self, and make an impact in the lives of thousands. We believe in a culture rooted in community, collaboration, and growth. As an agency we are inspired by our Mission of bringing hope to life, especially those most in need.
Catholic Charities is committed to the policy of vaccination against the COVID 19 virus for all employees. We are committed to maximize safety for our employees and clients. Proof of the COVID-19 vaccination is required to work on or after October 18, 2021, consistent with Proclamation 21-15.
Now Offering a Sign-On Bonus for Therapists
$4,000 to $8,000 Bonus - DOE
Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor the Therapist serves client(s) by providing clinical consultations, clinical assessments, clinical groups and/or individual therapy to consumers.
Position objectives and duties are as follows
- Develops therapy and other groups for consumers.
- Meets with Clinical Director to report on department progress and supervision.
- Assists in the development of program of program plans, treatment strategies for clients within the program.
- Assures that all mental health treatment is in line with the policies, procedures, and requirements as contracted with the appropriate MCOs
- Utilize and document the requirements to maintain fidelity in designate Evidence Based Practices (EBP) as assigned
- Provide mental health consultation to consumers and/or medical staff.
- Write appropriate documentation of clinical services provided.
- Completes assessments on persons seen and documents appropriately
- Establish and maintain working relationships with community resources coordinate patient treatment with other providers and initiate referrals to medical providers of other community resources when appropriate.
- Provide clinical assessments for patients who meet the mandates under the contract for mental health services.
- Provide mini assessments for persons who are not eligible for Medicaid services
- Facilitate therapy groups (male & female) for individuals
- Address established plan of care that focus on patient strengths, needs and goals within the briefest time frame for successful achievement and make necessary change in plan of care as needed.
- Provide services and maintain records in a timely manner to meet contract requirements, level of care standards, and Catholic Charities agency guidelines
Perform other duties as assigned
The following requirements are those that are normally required for performance of this position. Any disabled applicant or incumbent who does not meet or more of the physical requirements, but who can perform the essential function of the job (with or without reasonable accommodations) shall be deemed to meet these requirements.
This position normally requires that physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting or performing other work requiring low physical exertion, talking and hearing on a regular basis to perform the job requirements. These physical demands are required up to 80% of the time. Position also requires ability to drive with adequate vision and skill.
- Masters Degree in Behavioral Sciences or Social Work, required
- 1 to 2 years experience in direct Clinical Treatment Services with at least some experience in the treatment of seriously disturbed adults, children, and their families
- Strong family and individual clinical assessment skills
- Possess and utilize effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated, work independently and as a team member
- Ability to represent the agency in a professional manner within the community
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Valid Washington State drivers license and agency required minimum liability insurance
- Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration
- Social Worker Licensure, Mental Health Counselor or Marriage and Family Therapist within the state of Washington
Employment is conditional upon:
- Being cleared by criminal background check and fingerprinting when required