ABOUT THE COMPANY
Source One Transportation, LLC provides customers a broad array of fuel supply, storage, transportation and management services. With a fleet of over 75 drivers, Source One utilizes more than 45 transport trucks and tank wagons to provide its best-in-class liquid fuels transportation services and delivers over 300 million gallons of gasoline, distillates, and ethanol a year to a broad group of customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
On November 30, 2022, Source One united with Guttman Energy, one of Western Pennsylvania's largest private companies, and Guttman Renewables, our latest innovation created to provide our customers with the most sustainable products and offer effective environmental solutions, to form one new Company Guttman Holdings, Inc. as part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The companies within this ESOP will continue to market under their current names, in the same markets, and are expected to continue their significant growth and success. As one energized, engaged, and employee-owned team, each of us now has a heightened sense of commitment to our customers and vendors goals, our Company, and our performance. United by a common purpose, our vision is to build a stronger future for all our stakeholders, by taking personal ownership of our Company's growth, and ensuring our collective long-term success.
The Regional Operations Manager role requires the ability to lead, motivate, recruit, and develop drivers to support company service, safety, and efficiency goals. The position is based in Ohio with direct line management of more than 25 drivers. This position requires extensive daytime travel, with the occasional overnight travel, approximately 15-25%. This position reports to the Manager of Transportation Operations.
The Regional Operations Manager must be a strong leader who has a demonstrated commitment to safety, and a proven track record in driving results through productivity enhancements. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional organization, yielding desired results.
Recruit, Retain, Coach and Develop Drivers
- Identify, interview, and hire driver prospects
- Develop and track driver performance metrics
- Develop and implement reward and recognition programs
- Coach under-performing drivers to meet safety and efficiency standards
- Develop drivers for opportunities of increasing responsibility including Driver Maintenance Coordinators, and Driver Trainers
- Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure drivers are provided the support needed for payroll, benefits, training and general personnel issues management.
Support Safety Culture
- Support the development of a strong safety culture
- Assist Manager of Transportation Operations in training of drivers in quarterly safety meetings
- Perform Incident Prevention Observations on drivers to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform periodic loading rack visits to review compliance with loading procedures
- Utilize Source Ones fleet management technology solutions (TMW, DriveCam and PeopleNet) to coach driver performance to be within company standards
- Assist in the investigation of incidents and accidents and implement corrective action plans to prevent future occurrences
Manage Driver Training Program
- Working with Driver Recruiting Team to hire qualified driver candidates based on available shifts
- Oversee the driver training program in assigned territory to ensure that graduates of the training program meet Source One requirements
- Hire, train and coach Driver Trainers to execute on-the-job portion of training program
Manage Driver Shifting Strategies
- Coordinate with Manager of Logistics to identify optimal workforce counts and shifting strategies by market to support customer requirements
- Implement short-term shifting changes to accommodate high demand swings
- Develop innovative staffing strategies to accommodate seasonal demand changes
- Set up new domicile locations to support geographical expansion as needed
Develop and Manage Compliance to Standard Operating Procedures/Equipment
- Work with Maintenance Coordinators to develop and manage equipment maintenance procedures
- Work with Manager of Logistics to develop and manage procedures for order management and customer service
- Work with IT department to identify and manage technology solutions in the truck
- Utilize the companys systems and data to improve operations
- Identify by geographic region the transportation and equipment requirements necessary to service Source One customers.
- Maintain relationships with key vendors, suppliers, and dealers across Source One network.
- Develop a program to acquire the equipment/rolling stock required to meet the marketing plans.
- Support the companys strategy to self-perform tank wagon deliveries to the Oil & Gas field services customers, and other business segments that require less than transport load deliveries.