Does building and maintaining relationships with freelance artists and illustrators excite you? Are you ready to work collaboratively with a team of art directors to commission artwork for Intellectual Properties such as Arkham Horror, Star Wars, and Marvel? Fantasy Flight Games is looking for a visually creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individual to join our studio’s art team. Continue reading to learn more about the Art Director position and how you can apply today!
ANA is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Ticket to Ride,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories. We base our success on our three core values both internally and in the wider market; honesty, integrity, and fairness drives everything we do.
Summary of Position:
The Art Director guides the creation of exciting and imaginative artwork and illustration for games by collaborating with internal teams and directing freelance artists to develop concepts into final artwork.
● Commission and direct artwork from freelance artists - including but not limited to providing references and giving constructive feedback and direction to freelancers on their work from concept to final.
● Work collaboratively, regarding artwork, with internal teams and licensors as part of a studio pipeline.
● Facilitate communication between freelance artists, internal teams and Licensing department.
● Collaborate with other members of the Art Department team.
● Scout for new artistic talent; review portfolios.
● Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with new and existing freelance artists.
● Use and maintain active artist and project databases.
● Represent the Art Department in story groups as part of intellectual property development.
● All other tasks as required by management.
● Understanding of visual storytelling and artistic principles (composition, color, value, proportion, anatomy, texture, etc.).
● Excellent written and verbal communication.
● Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills and understanding of visual communication principles required.
● Ability to take the initiative and to be self-motivated.
● Ability to take direction and collaborate effectively with teams and individuals.