Freire Schools is seeking an MTSS Teacher/Coordinator for our Wilmington Campus (8th-12th grade). The MTSS Coordinator plays a crucial role in designing, implementing, and overseeing the school's MTSS program. As the MTSS Teacher/Coordinator will collaborate with various stakeholders, including teachers, administrators, counselors, and support staff, to ensure effective and equitable support for all students as well as small group or 1-1 reading intervention support. Our Coordinator will also be responsible for teaching one reading intervention course.
- Provide small group and 1-1 reading support with one section of a reading intervention class.
- Coordinate with school staff to provide tiered supports for students in academic, behavioral, and social-emotional areas.
- Identify areas of student need through data analysis, with additional data sought as needed.
- Develop and maintain a data management system to track student progress and program effectiveness.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with families and community partners to ensure students receive comprehensive support.
- Participate in school-based meetings such as IEP, 504, and behavior intervention plan meetings.
- Monitor fidelity of implementation and progress of MTSS interventions, provide feedback and support to staff as needed.
- Participate in professional development. Our Freire teachers engage in monthly staff-wide professional development and regular coaching and mentor support.
- Bachelor's degree in education, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Reading Specialist Certification or strong reading/writing content knowledge preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in education, with a focus on MTSS implementation.
- Knowledge of and experience with implementing evidence-based interventions in academic, behavioral, and social-emotional areas.
- Experience with data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation and Benefits
Freire remains a top tier competitive employer by offering premium medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance plans. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, a strong commitment to developing all staff as professionals invested in life-long learning, and the opportunity to work with the best students in the nation. Click here to learn more.
About Freire Schools
Freire Schools has 23 years of success with raising student achievement and preparing historically underserved students for college. We're a network of four schools with one mission! Our students are at the center of all that we do, and we’re looking for educators who have an undeniable belief that every student who walks through our doors is capable of success.
Our mission is to provide a college-preparatory education that equips students with the knowledge, skills, and character to succeed in college and beyond.
Freire Wilmington’s Impact and Growth
According to the 2022 U.S. News and World Report rankings, Freire Wilmington is the #1 non-selective public charter high school in Delaware.
In June 2022, we graduated our fourth senior class of 105 graduates. The Class of 2022 received acceptances into 134 unique colleges and universities and more than $5M in scholarship award offers. 44% of graduating seniors plan to attend a historically Black college or university (HBCU).
The longer students attend Freire Wilmington, the better they perform. In 2018-19, juniors who enrolled at Freire Wilmington for at least three years were significantly more likely to score proficient on reading and math assessments compared to juniors who attended for just one or two years (47% proficient vs 20% in ELA and 22% proficient vs 12% in Math).
Freire Schools Core Values
The core values of Freire schools are centered around empowering students to become critical thinkers and problem solvers in a community of mutual respect, openness, and a commitment to peace.
EQUITY: Freire schools aims to promote social justice by providing quality, accessible education regardless of their background or socio-economic status.
LOVE: We insist that every member of our community be accepted at face value, without judgment, and be supported in inhabiting their fullest self. Our connections create our community. As a Freire Family, our shared struggles, joy, challenges, and successes give us strength.
CRITICALTHINKING: Freire schools prioritize inquiry-based learning, which involves encouraging students to ask questions, explore their interests, and question the status quo.
DIVERSITY: We embrace and celebrate our differences, because we know they make us stronger as a community and as individuals.
For questions about career opportunities with Freire Schools, please contact email@example.com.