Arc of Acadiana provides support services to adults with developmental disabilities. Each client has an individualized service plan that each DSP will follow. The service plans are designed to ensure quality care is provided and also promotes maximum independence for our clients based on each person's individual capabilities and supports needed.
- Assisting clients with daily needs such as eating, grocery shopping, dressing, and possibly bathing.
- Teaching clients functional daily living, working, and social skills.
- Completing data sheets to show daily progress of client and support provided.
- May require accompanying client to community events or doctor appointments.
- Assisting clients with administering medication.
- Ability to train and communicate effectively.
- Ability to bend, stoop, carry, and lift light to moderate items.
- Commitment to excellent client care
- Compassion, positive attitude, and a team player.
- Being a positive role model for all clients.
- Helping our clients to live in a safe healthy clean environment.