PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just Another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Did you know? More than 90% of all network staff have noted being satisfied with working at CVN.
About Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at VVSD:
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at VVSD provides high-quality mental healthcare services accessible to all post-9/11 (including National Guard and Reserves), their families, and the families of active-duty service members, including spouses or partners, children, parents, siblings, caregivers, and others.
A Career with the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at VVSD:
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic offers a variety of services to post-9/11 Veterans, Active-Duty Service Members, Reservists, National Guard, and their family members. Therapist will provide evidence-based therapy to individuals, couples and families. The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic has a commitment to training, consultation, and proficiency in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, and Prolonged Exposure. The Clinician will provide evidence-based treatment to veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. The Clinician will have training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and should be skilled at offering treatment in a measurement-based, time-limited treatment environment. Clinician must have background and training in utilizing evidence-based interventions in the assessment and treatment of mood disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and adjustment disorders. Qualified candidates will be proficient in providing individual, couples, and family therapy, with an emphasis on delivering evidence-based care. Certification or documented proficiency in one or more in one or more of the following EBPs: PE, CBT, and CPT are required at the time of hire or within a year of employment.
The base annual compensation range for this position is $105,000 to 110,000 per year.
The Associate Director serves as the Evidence-Based Practice Champion and primary clinical leader on an interdisciplinary team focused on providing time-limited, evidence-based practices in an outpatient clinic that serves individual adults, couples, families, and children. The Associate Director will provide evidence-based treatment to veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. In addition to direct clinical care, the Associate Director is responsible for supporting the Clinic Director through supervision, case consultation, and mentoring in CBT and other time-limited, manualized interventions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide program oversight, staff supervision, and direct service provision for the Cohen Clinic.
- Provide evidence-based treatment to veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families (i.e., spouses, partners, parents, children). This includes individual, couples, and family therapy for adults, adolescents, and children.
- Perform and document patients screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information.
- Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members as needed.
- Provide individual, couples, and family psychotherapy to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the caregiver, physician, case management, and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients as needed.
- Attend weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings.
- Ensure that staff clinicians are providing treatment in compliance with established protocol and policy. Meet regularly with clinical team to staff caseloads and keep abreast of current issues. Keep clinical staff informed of program information.
- Work with leadership to establish training and development plan for clinical staff.
- Monitor and facilitate implementation of evidence-based practices by clinic staff.
- Work as liaison with CVN Central Office Clinical Programs Training team.
- Provide Quality Assurance and regulatory compliance to client files (paper and electronic).
- Provide ongoing program evaluation and recommendations to the Clinic Director for continuous growth and quality. Prepare and submit weekly and monthly program reports. Produce ad hoc reports as requested by Clinic Director.
- Provide services via telehealth platform, as required.