To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Account Manager should have thorough understanding of insurance industry, personal lines underwriting, products and coverage. Account Manager must be fully licensed as a Fire & Casualty Broker/Agent.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills; ability to discern priority and initiative.
- Computer skills, specifically AMS 360, ImageRight/WorkSmart, Microsoft Word, E-mail and Microsoft Excel Ø Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Mathematical Skills: - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, premiums, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Reasoning Skills: - Ability to solve practical problems, interpret a variety of instructions and deal with a variety of variables furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Physical Demands of the job that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions are represented below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to use manual dexterity.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time and talk or listen.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
Personal - Maintain knowledge of underwriting criteria and keep current on rates, forms and coverage changes through circulars and bulletins, trade publications, seminars and schools offered.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - characteristics are relatively stable. The noise level is usually moderate and the exposure to hazardous conditions is practically non-existent. Listed below are applicable special environmental conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast-paced Multiple tasking environment with high disruption.
DISCLAIMER - This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job and the physical requirements normal to the position. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the essential functions.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees.