Who We Are:
Our kitchen team is cooking for a purpose! The high-quality food we provide powers kids to have excellent and meaningful experiences in the outdoors.
NatureBridge provides environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world's best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery, and inspiring stewardship of the planet.
What You Will Do:
The Kitchen Director and Head Chef leads the administration, production, and service of food at NatureBridge's Golden Gate campus. They manage our team of Sous Chefs and kitchen staff to provide nutritious meals to our students and adult participants.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee food preparation, production, and service.
- Create menu plans for Education and Conference programs and post menus on a weekly basis.
- Develop recipes and train staff in their preparation.
- Establish food handling protocols to ensure food safety.
- Place orders and process invoices with suppliers.
- Oversee regular inventory check
- Appoint the work hours of employees and, with support from Operations, provide schedules to kitchen staff.
- Process timesheets for employees bi-monthly.
- Evaluate and manage employee work performance.
- Facilitate kitchen meetings and participate in meetings with other departments as needed.
- Participate on the Operations and Administration teams.
- Work with Human Resources and Campus Director to efficiently recruit, hire, onboard and offboard kitchen staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- $64,000/year starting salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Option for a 403b retirement plan with employer match after 6 months
- Generous paid vacation, training days, and sick leave.
- Other benefits include Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and more