Professional and Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience highly preferred
- Master’s degree and a Georgia teaching certificate preferred
- Exhibit a passion for learning and teaching
- Ability to develop rapport with students
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate computer literacy and proficiency (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet, presentation software, and online grade book programs). Experience with SmartBoard and Schoology (or another learning management system) technology is a plus
- AP instruction experience a plus
- Desire to lead students outside of the classroom in extracurricular activities such as coaching or the arts is highly desired
In addition, the person should:
- Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ
- Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school
- Believe and affirm the school’s Statement of Faith
- Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture
- Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large
- Be actively involved in a local church
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will take place primarily in a classroom, and secondarily in an office. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 10 pounds intermittently, and between 11 and 50 pounds rarely; carrying up to 10 pounds intermittently, and between 11 and 50 pounds rarely; crawling rarely; pushing/pulling, climbing/balancing, reaching, crouching, and kneeling intermittently; sitting and stooping regularly; walking, standing, and bending often. To perform this job the person must be able to work for extended periods of time at a computer/keyboard; must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.