Efficiently manages and directs all aspects of the Service Department operation to ensure that all key measurables are met in a timely manner. These include, but are not limited to, sales volume profitability, customer satisfaction, staffing and employee development, etc.
1. Promptly waits on customers both over the phone and at the counter. Advises customers of repairs needed and estimated costs. Schedules all service work and assigns to the Technicians.
2. Oversees work performed for quality assurance and to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
3. Reviews and charges out all service tickets, customer, internal and warranty in a timely manner.
4. Assures that auto repair orders are paid for in a prompt manner. Works with R&S staff on recovering past due accounts receivable.
5. Promotes R&S current marketing programs to continually drive sales.
6. Conducts annual performance reviews for Service Technicians and Service Writers. Schedules and supervises Service staff on a daily basis.
7. Works with HR Manager and Regional Aftermarket Manager (RAM) on any staffing decision and/or concerns, as needed.
8. Stays up-to-date on equipment changes and assures staff have the resources to remain current as well.
9. Oversees all warranty claim procedures to assure they are done in a timely, efficient manner maximizing recovery from the manufacturer.
10. Coordinates all training related efforts for Service Department staff, making sure people get signed up, coordinating travel between shops, and ensuring that learning paths are kept up to date.
11. Maintains a neat, clean and safe shop, building, lot and other facilities. Responsible for assuring all facility repairs and maintenance are kept up-to-date and safe.
12. Maintains and keeps current Service library manuals and bulletins, inventory of specialty tools, etc.
13. Assures computer systems are maintained in an up-to-date manner too, installing updates as needed.
14. Participates in customer clinics and other programs designed to educate customers and bring them into the dealership.
15. Oversees the safety of all employees and facilities in general. Promotes safety in a positive, proactive manner.
16. Schedules periodic meetings with department staff to assure everyone is kept up-to-date. Attends and participates in management meetings as requested.
17. Leads by example in working with other departments to assure customer needs are met.
18. Covers store hours of the assigned store, in the Service Dept. Oversees the after-hours program to assure customer calls are handled in a timely, efficient manner. Coordinates pages, responding to calls as needed.
19. Overall responsibility for the facility being maintained in compliance with EPA, OSHA, USDOT, other governmental regulations and R&S policies.
20. Presents a positive, professional manner in dress and conduct at all times.
21/ All other duties as assigned.