The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases Grant (ELC))
The Bureau of Division Management & Systems Coordination (DMSC), part of the Division of Disease Control (DDC), is composed of the Informatics, Data and Outbreak Response teams which are responsible for the infectious disease surveillance systems, electronic laboratory reporting workflow and health information exchange supporting surveillance response efforts such as those for COVID-19. DMSC supports all other DDC bureaus with monitoring and analyzing trends in disease data, used for the recognition, prevention, and control of infectious diseases.
We are seeking to fill two positions in the Division of Disease Control that will provide key support for DOHMH’s surveillance work in New York City. It is expected that the position will work 35 hours per week.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Design, configure, test, document and maintain Rhapsody routes and technical solutions based on functional and business requirements.
- Maintain continuous operation and ensure that HL7 interfaces remain functional, by developing solutions for issues as needed.
- Proactively identify data flow issues and/or other technical issues, and work with appropriate internal teams to restore traffic flow.
- Communicate and assist third party vendors with troubleshooting interface issues to full resolution.
- Understand and remain knowledgeable, on the dataflow and data architecture, key data elements, as well as how they work.
- Assist with additional integration efforts as needed.
- Work to develop and update processes and procedures for new and existing interfaces.
- Monitor Rhapsody dashboards and proactively address interface errors related to connectivity and payload as they occur.
- Monitor Rhapsody to ensure uninterrupted message transfer between electronic systems.
- Make minor configurations to the Rhapsody as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.