Required Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, and techniques of providing security services.
- Tactics and methods of self-defense.
- Computer hardware and software applications.
Required Skill in:
- Providing safety and security services.
- Confronting and physically restraining aggressive, violent, or abusive people.
- Performing alcohol intervention techniques.
- Operating computer hardware and software applications.
- Communicating both orally and in writing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and two (2) years security, military, law enforcement, corrections, firefighter, or emergency medical services work experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- High security gaming license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and be eligible for the company insurance.
- Must have successfully completed the 90 day department probationary period.
- Must possess a current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must perform one or more of the following positions within the Security Department: Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Field Training Officer (FTO), Dispatcher, Lost and Found Custodian, First Aid/CPR Instructor, Bike Patrol Officer and/or Maintenance/Transportation Officer.
- Must successfully pass testing related to following skills: typing, customer service mindset and report writing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is normally performed in a gaming environment, frequently exposed to loud noise and tobacco smoke.
- Work is normally subject to frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling and routine lifting of objects up to 25 pounds, with occasional lifting and/or moving of objects up to 200 pounds unassisted.
- Routine use of hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather, and Oleo Resin Capsicum.
- Must be able to pass random drug tests in accordance with Company policy.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, standard office equipment, equipment used in the provision of emergency and security services such as latex gloves, sharp shuttles, scissors, ID checker, handcuffs, flashlights, jump pack, lug wrench, car jack, telephone, audio/video equipment, two-way radio, and department vehicles.