WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Head Grower is a senior leadership position within the company whose primary role is to manage all aspects of crop production to achieve best in class yields and quality. This role will oversee and mentor the Assistant Grower, IPM Specialist and Young Plant Specialist. The Head Grower works closely with their counterpart in the operations team - the Plant Manager - at their specific location to run the entire facility.
Leadership & Management
- Manage the growing team on a day-to-day basis, including both technical guidance in growing topics, as well as mentorship and coaching
- Create and sustain a culture of excellence, inclusion, and continuous learning
- Continuously foster emergent talent and build the bench of growing talent
Yield & Quality
- Oversee yield & quality for all crops to achieve company targets
- Use data-driven approach to manage all areas of crop production
Climate Management & Irrigation Schedules
- Oversee climate strategy for all plants and compartments
- Determine optimal settings for all greenhouse equipment and irrigation
- Evaluate climate strategy impact on energy use and yield
- Oversee and determine all cultural practices for young plant production
- Oversee IPM Program – compliance, record keeping and IPM strategy
- Monitor functioning of greenhouse, production and irrigation equipment regularly with Maintenance Supervisor
- Oversee plant nutrition program
- Review crop schedules and adjust as needed for sales, operations or plant needs
- Provide training to operations team as needed on crop-specific tasks
WHO YOU ARE
- Advanced Degree in Plant Science, Horticulture or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a management position in commercial greenhouse production, preferably in leafy greens and herbs
- Understanding of all aspects of crop production and growing in CEA
- Strong computer skills with experience with climate control software platforms
- Extremely well organized
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Data-driven with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company's next phase of growth.