Summary of Position
The Associate Product Line Manager is responsible for coordinating the development and production of projects from concept to release. The Associate Product Line Manager will ensure milestones are delivered on-time and projects are meeting quality standards. They will help maintain the creative visions for the game; shepherd projects through internal and external submissions; track overall development; and work closely with development and other cross-functional teams to deliver products that meet all project, business, and financial goals.
ANA is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Ticket to Ride,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories. We base our success on our three core values both internally and in the wider market; honesty, integrity, and fairness drives everything we do.
- Manage product development of assigned projects from concept to release and deliver high quality products, on schedule, that are in line with business initiatives and financial goals.
- Act as a primary point of contact with Product Development, Marketing, Licensing, Production, and other cross-functional teams across project initiatives.
- Ensure project milestones are met in relation to project objectives and scope. Anticipate roadblocks, bottlenecks, and scheduling conflicts and initiate actions to resolve them.
- Help to drive the completion of project milestones and facilitate communication, organization, and accountability.
- Generate and monitor budgets for assigned projects, reporting concerns as necessary and proposing creative solutions.
- Leverage technical skills and savviness to support planning, troubleshoot issues, and overcome development and production challenges.
- Submit projects for approval/review and coordinate changes based on feedback from internal teams, creative leads, Publishing, and Licensing.
- Maintain good communication and overall excellent relationships with licensors, freelancers, Publishing, and internal teams.
- Coordinate with Production and other Shared Services teams as a primary contact for projects; generate quote requests based on project needs and changes; ensure proper preparation of game components and files for delivery; and review proofs and samples from manufacturers as needed.
- Continually evaluate product development processes and offer suggestions to management as to how those processes might be improved.
- Other tasks and assignments as directed by management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites, especially InDesign and Excel.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and related tools.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to take constructive criticism and incorporate feedback into daily work.
- Strong schedule, budget, and time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other teams and individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to problem solve quickly and find efficient solutions to problems.
- Work well in a fluid environment, helping to create structure and encourage creativity.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience with miniatures games and the hobby games industry a plus.