Reports To: Director of Individual Giving
Status: Full-Time Salary-Exempt
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Weekdays with some evenings and weekends
Benefits Offered: Health benefits package, paid vacation,sick and holidays, short and long term disability, life insurance, and a 401(k) plan with match.
The Development Officer position will be responsible for managing a portfolio of 130 individual donors and prospects with the capacity to give up to $10,000 annually. This position will be part of the Individual Giving team and will work closely with the Director of Individual Giving, Gift Officers, and Research Analyst.
- Responsible for securing a minimum of $400,000 annually through direct donor solicitations.
- Work with the Director of Individual Giving and Research Analyst to identify and qualify 150 new and lapsed prospects through personal research and discovery interactions.
- Manage a portfolio of 120 individual donors at any given time. The portfolio will consist of 120 renewing donors, lapsed donors, and donor prospects, who have the capacity to give up to $10,000 annually.
- Ensure that meaningful cultivation and stewardship steps are taken to engage with each donor/prospect in the assigned portfolio.
- Enter all interactions into Tessitura CRM to ensure accurate reporting and portfolio management.
- Work evening and weekend patron events with the intent to build relationships with Alley Theatre donors. Events include Greenroom duty, CenterStage dinners, patron events, and working rehearsals.
- Be an active participant in a team-based fundraising department and provide additional assistance to other development staff members when possible.
- Stay informed of all performance, educational, and digital activity taking placed at the Alley to provide regular updates to constituents and maintain a strong relationship with prospects and donors.
- Meet the stated financial and strategic goals. Job performance will be determined by evaluating revenue generated and meaningful interactions conducted.
In addition to the duties listed above, the Alley Theatre expects the following of each employee: adheres to Theatre’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets department productivity standards; participates in Alley Theatre events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.