Data Projections, Inc. is seeking to add to our Houston Sale Team an energetic, success oriented sales professional with a strong ethic to identify and properly qualify business opportunities with existing and new customers. The Account Executive is responsible for consulting with clients to obtain pertinent information about their communication needs to determine the most viable solution that allows them to communicate more efficiently and cost effectively
- Achieve/exceed established sales targets.
- Identify and properly qualify business opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Consult with clients to obtain pertinent information about their communication needs to determine the most viable solution that allows them to communicate more efficiently and cost effectively.
- Conduct product demonstrations and value proving background information, as a basis for recommending viable communication solutions customized to meet the needs of each client.
- Set clear expectations about the full sales cycle with the client from start to finish.
- Work closely and effectively with internal personnel to prepare quotes, process orders, provide information, etc. to support all customer requests in a quick, accurate and comprehensive manner.
- Stays current with industry and technical knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, and competitor standings.
- Develops and manages sales funnel to analyze and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity against assigned quotas.
- Represent Data Projections at conferences and tradeshows as needed.
- Provide after-sales support and customer satisfaction assurance via interaction with installation teams for problem resolution.
- Maintain CRM system.
- Assist in collections of past-due accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Certification and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required. Additional related experience can be substituted for the education requirement.
5 or more years outside sales experience with proven track record in strategic selling and account management in a technology industry is required.
- Expertise in solution selling to one or more of the following verticals preferred: healthcare, oil and gas, financial, higher education, state/federal, and local government.
- Self-motivated with a competitive spirit, a strong ethic and ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Proven track record of hunting for and maintaining strong customer relationships at the enterprise level.
- Consultative sales expertise including developing creative and effective sales approaches and solutions, cold calling, creating winning proposals and skillfully closing sales.
- Demonstrates superior time management and business acumen skills.
- Solid and demonstrable relationship selling skills.
- Previous technology sales experience selling to and partnering with A/V or related interactive technology products is preferred.
- Excellent networking, public speaking and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, prospecting, account development, problem solving and closing skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft CRM.
- Strong business and technical knowledge with exceptional presentation skills.
- Experience negotiating large, complex deals.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to travel throughout region on an as needed basis.
- AVIXA CTS certified is a plus.
- Strong existing contacts with prospective clients.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass background check and pre-employment screening.
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time especially during presentations and tradeshows.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Compensation and Benefits
Data Projections offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, and gains sharing. Compensation includes base salary, commissions with no earnings cap, and transportation allowance. Position will also be provided with company laptop and cellphone.
Data Projections proudly embraces diversity and continues to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.