Education and Experience:
- PhD in a relevant scientific field with at least 5 years of experience in NGS assay development, preferably in biotech industry. Or Master’s degree in a related filed, with at least 8+ years of NGS assay development experience.
- Extensive experience with NGS assays for variants profiling, (including mutations, fusions & CNVs).
- Extensive experience with targeted sequencing workflows, including hybrid capture and/or amplicon sequencing & familiarity with commercial NGS kits and technology landscape.
- Prior experience in working with cell-free DNA and human biofluids or exosomes.
- Experienced or extensive familiarity with bioinformatics tools & pipelines used for NGS data analysis, particularly on DNA variant profiling.
- Experienced in PCR based nucleic acid detection techniques (e.g., qRT-PCR, digital PCR) is a plus.
- Prior experienced in NGS based workflows for DNA methylome profiling is a plus.
- Prior experience working in a regulated environment is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced with various NGS techniques with hands-on experience on commercially available workflows/kits and technology landscape.
- Experienced with a variety of molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid extraction, amplification, and detection.
- Versed in human genomics and cancer biology.
- Strong project management and time management abilities to prioritize and schedule multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication skills and can implement technologies developed from R&D into a CLIA and/or FDA-regulated environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details, and liquid biopsy / diagnostics industry knowledge.
- Excellent work ethics with high-level of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal interaction skills and demonstrable ability to work collaboratively.
- High communication proficiency both verbal and written, in technical and non-technical domains.
- Self-directed, creative, with a can-do attitude.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and software, including Microsoft Office suite
Why Join Bio-Techne:
- We offer competitive salaries along with extensive medical, vision, and dental plans for you and your family starting on day one!
- We invest in our employees’ financial futures through 401k matching and an employee stock purchase plan.
- We help our employees develop their careers through mentorship, promotional opportunities, training and development, internship programs, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We offer employee resource groups, volunteer paid time off, employee events, and charity drives to build a culture of caring and belonging.
- We foster a culture of empowerment and innovation, where employees feel valued and encouraged to bring their new ideas to the table.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Bio-Techne is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.