Gotham Greens is looking for a seasoned manager who will lead and develop a team of software engineers and data scientists. You will be responsible for leading a talented team that is crucial to the operation of our entire process, from seeding to delivery. You will oversee the creation of management systems, data collection, visualization, control systems, and farm automation. You’ll lead the team through scoping, design, prototyping, planning, and the execution of new software components across the business. This role will be responsible for managing and leading both engineers and data scientists, as well as working directly with your counterparts in product management and the business.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of product, project managers in the discovery, alignment, and ideation of solutions and technical product development and deployments.
- Lead and grow a team of software engineers and data scientists who create innovative solutions to enhance the productivity and efficiency of a high-tech greenhouse.
- Support the technical needs of project execution all the way from data and technical design through user acceptance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business in Growing, Operations, and more to ensure the team is meeting the most pressing needs across the organization.
- Use the latest machine learning and data stack technologies to deploy AI services.
- Shape the way our data science team does work - researching and making key decisions about what we build, how we build it, and which tools are best for solving our problems.
- Create internal frameworks, tools, packages, and technical documentation to improve efficiencies.
- Work with the Information Technology team to ensure that solutions and applications meet architectural standards and Information security protocols.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience leading solution delivery teams or similar capacity.
- BA in Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- MA Preferred (MS, In STEM discipline or MBA.)
- You have experience with data science best practices and are fluent in SQL, Python, R, and OLAP
- You have experience with Big Data Stacks (e.g., Hadoop, Redshift, other Data Lake technologies.)
- You are familiar with SDLC, Agile frameworks.
- You have experience operating with TOGAFF and/or Zachman frameworks.
- You have experience with PMO (Project Management Office) operation and Change Management.
- You have experience leading a technical team through the product development process.
- You have significant technical expertise and the ability to mentor others in their development
- You are a strategic thinker, able to link the team’s skills with the needs of the organization and strive to build better solutions.
- You are eager to support and develop a rapidly-growing team at a rapidly-growing company
- You have experience building engineering processes that adapt to scale.
- You have experience working in a startup/high sense of urgency, ambiguous environment & have strong decision-making skills.
- You are able to establish scope of assigned tasks both for yourself and your team, execute on them, and independently communicate status updates.
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 350 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.