Senior Civil Engineer - Land Development
BL Companies is 100% employee owned, giving us a competitive edge and a unique distinction from most other companies. We offer a competitive benefit package which includes 6 paid holidays plus the week from Christmas to New Years paid, generous PTO, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k matching, and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We are an ENR Top 500 firm that provides engineering, architecture, land surveying, and environmental consulting services to the public and private sectors. BL has 17 offices and is expanding.
Our employee owners are capable of being successful working in hybrid environments, and we are now offering opportunities to continue in this setting.
We are looking to hire a Senior Engineer with 8+ years of Land Development experience to work side by side with the Office Lead to provide quality services to our clients. This Senior Engineer will be primarily responsible for overseeing and managing production of design for site plans, grading plans, details, erosion controls, access road plans, profiles and cross-sections, utility and storm drainage plans and profiles, general notes and plan notations, specification preparation, and bid document preparation.
- Site Layout
- Grading and Earthwork calculations
- Storm Water Management Design and Permitting
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Design and Permitting
- Preparation/Submission of Local Land Development Permits
- Quality Assurance
- Mentoring and Development of Junior Staff
The candidate should also possess strong client/agency management skills, proficient writing skills and excellent communication skills. The ability to mentor and develop junior engineers is a plus and proactivity and accountability are skills highly valued at BL
- 8 years of civil or utility-related engineering experience
- PA PE or immediate reciprocity
- Site layout, grading, storm water and erosion control design expertise
- Civil-related utility design expertise
- Trenchless technology design expertise
- Construction/constructability expertise as it relates to production of design drawings and resolution of field issues
- Foundation/geotechnical experience and understanding
- Specification writing