Madison County Government offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Competitive wages on a step plan with guaranteed increases based on years of service.
- Complete health insurance benefits package with Medical & Prescription, HSA & FSA, Dental and Vision.
- Retirement contributions via the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension.
- Eight-hour workday, which includes a one hour, paid lunch.
- 14 paid holidays.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Life Insurance and Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness coverage.
- Paid time off in the form of Vacation and Sick days that begin accruing day one.
- You may be eligible for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Responsible for maximizing financial support, community awareness and communication of the Center through a comprehensive fund development plan to include community outreach, donor acquisition and cultivation, communication, fundraising, and grant writing. Functions as an extended part of the multi-disciplinary team to provide a professional and child friendly environment to assist in the investigation of child sexual abuse and serious physical abuse.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fund development plan with the assistance of the Executive Director and CAC Boards.
- Establish, manage and cultivate new and ongoing donor and sponsor relationships with the Center.
- Develop, coordinate and manage fundraising and special event campaigns for the Center.
- Provide community outreach and training in relation to the mission and goals of the Madison County Child Advocacy Center in an effort to raise awareness and secure additional donors to the Center.
- Manage the Centers donor database.
- Create and implement the Centers annual report, newsletters, and press releases.
- Create and implement communication, marketing, and social media content for the Center and assist the Executive Director in managing the Centers website and social media platforms.
- Develop and maintain the Centers email and communication database.
- Responsible for reporting on development and communication for the Center to CAC Boards, funders and others as requested.
- Participate in Board and Staff committees as appropriate and relevant to job duties.
- Assist the Executive Director with grant writing.
- Contribute positively to the work environment and be a constructive contributor to the CAC team.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties listed above.
Madison County, IL residency requirements must be met within 6 months of hire
Bachelors degree in marketing, public relations, business or similar field related to fund development, public relations or business management. Three (3) years in fundraising/event planning and coordination. Outstanding, relevant experience of less than three years and/or proven successful experience with special events and fundraising; and proven connections and networking within the community may be considered. Madison County residency required. A valid Illinois Drivers License is required.
The Fund Development and Communication Specialist will excel at building and maintaining long-term relationships with the external community, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and will anticipate the expectations and needs of donors.