Orthopedic Physician Assistant Needed In Central Connecticut
Bristol Health Medical Group has an exciting full-time opportunity for a general orthopedic physician assistant to join a thriving orthopedic surgery practice. Be part of an experienced hospital-based orthopedic team. First assist and manage an office practice. Brand new out-patient offices are open and a new emergency room is coming!
·Comprehensive array of benefits offered including health, dental, vision and retirement
·Employer paid malpractice coverage
·Generous amount of paid time off
Our Community is:
·Safe, family-oriented communities with excellent public and private schools.
·Close proximity to urban living with diverse cultural opportunities including concerts, ballet, theatre, museums and wineries.
·Plenty of surrounding shopping centers, restaurants and movie theatres to visit at your leisure.
·All the joys of New England recreation: fishing, hiking, boating, biking, skiing and snowboarding.
·Easy travel distance to Bradley International Airport.
·Direct access to the Connecticut coastline.
·Easy commute to big cities - only two hours from both Boston and NYC!
One or two years caring for patients in a surgical setting is preferred. New graduates with a medical background will be considered.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Traci Brown in the Physician Recruitment Department at Tbrown@bristolhospital.org or call 860.585.3133 for more information.
Visit our website: www.bristolhealth.org
Orthopedic Surgical Physician Assistant:
REPORTING PURPOSE: To act as an Orthopedic Surgical Physician Assistant for BHMSG, in the practices, or Bristol Hospital, Bristol, Connecticut. Provide input into budget preparation, assessment of equipment and support needs and attendance and participation in Bristol Hospital and BHMSG meetings.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: P.A. will meet with the Director of Clinical Operations, Perioperative Center and the Medical Director of the Orthopedic Joint Surgery Program of the Employer during the period of provisional evaluation. P.A. will report to the Medical Director of the Orthopedic Joint Surgery Program of Employer, and Director of Clinical Operations, and P.A. will abide by the BHMSG, Bristol Hospital and Medical Staff Bylaws, rules, regulations and policies and be accountable to P.A.’s Department Chairperson and Supervising Physician.
Provide patients with pre-operative, peri-operative and post-operative care including wiring orders and first assisting.
Perform pre-op histories and physical and education of the surgical patient.
Document pertinent data on patient charts as required for clinical management.
Evaluate consultation and nursing requests promptly.
Report to supervisory physicians on a schedule to be mutually agreed upon.
Establish annually a personal development plan with identified goals.
Develop a weekly work schedule in cooperation with the Medical Director of the Orthopedic Joint Surgery Program.
Perform new procedures in collaboration with supervising physician.
9. Document procedures accurately using appropriate procedure form.
10. Undertake advanced procedures as described in the privilege documents.
11. Demonstrate attentive, proficient skills as observed by responsible surgeon.
12. Prepare and maintain patient medical records on BHMSG and Hospital pre-approved forms consistent with Medical Staff and Joint Commission standards. It is expected that medical record documentation be completed within twenty-four (24) hours of the provision of patient care, in accordance with Hospital standards.
13. Coordination of inpatient and outpatient care to optimize patient care and resource utilization.
14. Prepare all reports, claims and correspondence necessary or appropriate in connection with professional services rendered by Physician Assistant.
15. Consult with physicians as appropriate.
16. Assist in the preparation for and participate in surveys by federal or state regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies such as the Joint Commission. Actively participates in peer review and quality improvement activities.
17. Participate in clinical guideline development, care management programs and quality assurance as directed.
18. Coordinate and facilitate the patients discharge process.
19. Participate and comply with BHMSG and Hospital compliance programs and activities.
20. Comply with all BHMSG and Hospital reimbursement requirements including the timely completion of billing slips.
21. Cooperate and participate in educational programs established by BHMSG and the Hospital from time-to-time relating to Physician Assistant’s expertise.
22. Must utilize CPOE.
Attend and participate in regularly scheduled meetings with other professional members of BHMSG and the Hospital. Serve on Hospital and medical staff committees as requested by Employer.
Provide a pro rated portion of operating room surgical assist call coverage along with the other orthopedic physician assistants.