ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Source One Transportation, part of Guttman Holdings, Inc., is part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The Company provides customers a broad array of fuel supply, storage, transportation and management services. The three operating companies that comprise Guttman Holdings include: Guttman Energy, Inc., a leading fuel marketer and fuel solutions provider serving the commercial, wholesale, and retail markets; Source One Transportation, LLC, providing best in class liquid fuels transportation services; and Guttman Renewables, which provides proactive measures for customers to reduce their environmental impact.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tank Wagon Dispatch
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient routing of company tank wagons and third-party carriers to satisfy customer delivery requirements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to performing order optimization activities, coordinating load assignments to drivers, managing driver productivity, and monitoring customer inventories.
- Communicate dispatch assignments to drivers in a timely manner to ensure driver productivity using TMW and Total Mail software.
- Assign orders to drivers to meet customer requirements including delivery windows, supply obligations, equipment requirements, special delivery instructions, etc.
- Identify when order demand in Source Ones geography exceeds available capacity and coordinate with approved carrier partner to meet demand expectations.
- Effectively communicate with internal peers, drivers, operation managers, and management to resolve logistics and service issues.
- Monitor driver logs and schedule drivers daily activities accordingly to ensure DOT compliance.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Managers to schedule preventative maintenance and repair of equipment to maximize truck availability and utilization.
- Identify opportunities to increase operational efficiencies through better use of drivers, equipment, and technology (TMW).
- Work as part of a team environment and answer phones, handle customer service issues and work with various internal departments as needed.
- Participate in the weekly operations meeting with Guttman's oil & gas field services team and their subcontractor to share best practices and coordinate activities.
- Overall management of carrier relationships
- Maintain all points of contact at carriers (Management level & Dispatch level)
- Hold Biweekly calls for capacity updates from carriers
- Manage the negotiation of contractual agreements
- Negotiate rates for lanes in all business segments (Sales & Supply)
- Build RFP for Guttman commercial deliveries
- Responsible for entering freight rates into TMW
- Monitor periodic rate increases
- Develop and track scorecard for all carriers
- Ensure all Source One back office / system requirements are being fulfilled.
- Develop carrier portal that electronically communicates carriers BOL and invoice data to TMW
- Maintain up to date documentation
- Emergency Response Plans
- Safety Plans & Procedures
- Insurance requirements
- Identify and evaluate new carriers in both existing and new service areas
- New Carrier Onboarding, responsible for ensuring completion of all aspects.
- Identify and evaluate new geographical markets
- Assist S1 leadership with building of business case
- Develop draft implementation plan
- Prospect new potential customers
- Carrier and Source One equipment requirements
- Driver market
- Domicile / parking locations.
- Assist in evaluating potential new types of hauling opportunities
- Other liquids (i.e. lubricants, water, chemicals, CNG)
- Other freight (Dry Box, Flatbed, Refrigerated)
- Supplement Ops Managers visits to domicile points additional management presence.
- Backup to Source One dispatch with phone calls and order entry