POSITION GOAL: The Social Worker serves to enhance the psychological and social capacities of residents and family members; provides residents with a link to community resources, services and opportunities; and serves as the advocate for the welfare and rights of the residents of Woodcrest.
ENVIRONMENT: Over the past 27 years, Blakeford has established itself as the premier provider of solutions for seniors in Nashville and the Middle Tennessee region. From its beginnings as a single-site, continuing care retirement community, Blakeford has evolved into the innovative leader in long-term care for the area. Along with our CARF-CCAC accredited lifestyle and health services community, Blakeford at Green Hills, the organization also includes our CARF-CCAC accredited home and community services provider, Blakeford at Home, as well as our “continuing-care-without-walls” offering, LiveWell by Blakeford. Under the auspices of a visionary board of directors, teamed with a long-tenured executive leadership team, Blakeford is poised to continue to expand its mission of serving seniors and their loved ones by fulfilling our Service Vision of “Exemplary Service…Every Time!”.
ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES: Based upon a core value of Integrity which Blakeford defines as “Doing the right thing every time”, our organization strives to adhere to the following values in all that we do:
- Community – Nurturing a sense of connection and belonging.
- Compassion – Caring from the heart.
- Respect – Honoring and valuing every person.
- Consistency – Always being exemplary.
- Innovation – Encouraging the pursuit of limitless possibilities.
- Empowerment – Supporting hospitality inspired solutions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Social Worker:
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with residents and their families as to provide counseling and problem solving.
- Counsel residents and their families regarding any emotional, environmental and physical limitations.
- Complete Social Services portion of RAI process in a timely manner to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
- Attend interdisciplinary meetings, as needed.
- Maintain regular visitation with residents and completes quarterly Social Service notes on findings.
- Coordinate staff and family participation of care plan for residents.
- Review and revise social service care plans on an on-going basis within state and federal guidelines and company policy.
- Serve as a liaison with social, health and community resources.
- Assist Admission Coordinator as needed to admit residents to facility.
- Address problems, concerns and grievances for resolution.
- Interact with team members, physicians, residents and all other customers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the facility and promotes positive customer relations.
- Support the facility’s mission statement by dependability in attendance, punctuality, maintaining confidentiality, the timely completion of assignments, and attention to principles of professional ethics and quality service.
- Commitment to professional and personal growth through development of skills and knowledge, as well as improvement in the facility’s performance.
- Participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities, assimilating quality improvement findings and recommendations into daily practice.
- Prepare summaries and reports for QAPI quarterly meetings.
- Ensure the rights, dignity and confidentiality of all residents is maintained.
- All other duties as assigned by the Administrator of Woodcrest.
SUPERVISION & LEADERSHIP:
Receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operates within departmental policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving objectives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and one to two years related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
SKILLS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISH THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Basic personal computer skills including e-mail, word processing, spread sheet, and graphics.