Experience, Competencies and Education
- Demonstrated experience managing risk in the outdoors
- Experience or training in equity and inclusion work
- Time management and organizational skills
- Experience leading or developing environmental education curriculum
- Skills in customer service
- Proficiency with Google Suite and database software
- Bachelors degree and one years related summer camp experience; or equivalent experiential education experience
- Current Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain certification before beginning employment
- Valid driver's license
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates both in a professional office environment and in an outdoor setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly stand; walk up to 7 miles on uneven terrain. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
- $20 per hour
- Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, retirement plan, plus vacation, holiday and sick leave plans
- Housing in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area
Please submit a resume and complete the application questions through our Online Career Portal. The Application deadline is November 30.