To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be a currently registered member of Girl Scouts of the USA or willing to become a member.
- Believe in the mission of the Girl Scout movement.
- Have good character, integrity, adaptability, patience, sense of humor, and enthusiasm.
- Have good time management, organization, and communication skills.
- You must be currently certified to run the program area you are working in and have a current (with-in a year) skill assessment on record.
- Ability to show strong leadership qualities by making good decisions and acting wisely in an emergency situation.
Any physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this would cause an undue hardship to the Council.
- Prolonged standing, bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching;
- Moderate lifting (up to 35 pounds);
- Walking on uneven terrain, up and down hills for distances up to ½ mile;
- Endurance to meet emergency needs;
- Ability to work in an outdoor camp setting and work scheduled hours;
- Ability to tolerate daily exposure to sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, snakes, bats, etc.