***MUST HAVE MORTGAGE CREDIT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE!***
The Credit Manager is responsible for the review and administration of Underwriting and Closing Quality Control program, and updating of underwriting guidelines and policies including overseeing a team consisting of Post-Closing Underwriting, Closing and Prefund auditing. You will review and determine post-closing underwriting errors with tracking for quality purposes. You will also review and respond to investor suspense items, FHA/VA insuring issues, monthly QC audit and monthly review of errors with Underwriters and Underwriting Managers. In addition, you will coordinate with Secondary Marketing on non-salable loans to determine the most cost-effective approach, oversee and expedite internal refinances and be responsible for Pre-Fund QA reviews and tracking of trends.
WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE
- Mentors and manages Prefund QA Underwriter, Closing QC Specialist and Post Closing QC Underwriting team!
- Reviews Jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA and bond issues in all facets of risk review (Credit, Income, Collateral, etc.).
- Evaluates potential overall risk in determining QC functions and reallocation to agency when dealing with investor issues.
- Coordinates with various areas within On Q (Finance, Insuring, Servicing, etc.) to resolve issues with errors on loans.
- Responds to monthly QC audit for both Closing and Underwriting findings, evaluate if errors have occurred in either area and track errors accordingly. Responds and disputes findings that are inaccurate.
- Coordinates and monitors internal refinances.
- Tracks and reports Underwriting errors based on Significance level.
- Participates in special projects and miscellaneous assignments based on business needs.
- Works closely with Operations and Training on identified trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- Competitive base salary.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- 401(K) Plans & company match*.
- Generous PTO & Observed Paid Holidays.
- Employee Loan Program.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision.
- Supplementary benefits: Voluntary Life, AD&D, LTD & STD.
- Company-Sponsored Life, AD&D and LTD.
- Wellness Program, Pet Insurance & Corporate Discount Program.
- Diverse and inclusive atmosphere!
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college business coursework preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years as a Sr. Underwriter. DE and SAR required.
- Strong knowledge of mortgage banking.
Licenses and Certifications:
- FHA Direct Endorsement (DE). VA Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR), VA credit reviewer completion.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Working knowledge of servicing capabilities in Loan Originations System, including but not limited to loan set up, payment application and loan transfers.
- Full understanding of various laws and regulations including Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedure Act, Truth in Lending, Fair Lending, FDCPA, FFDCPA, GLBA and escrow administration.
- Ability to audit and analyze work outputs by interpreting government agency and department guidelines/standards.
- Advanced analytical skills, ability to analyze problems and provide appropriate solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills, both internally and externally.
- Strong, professional communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel, Windows environment).
- Ability to multi-task and have a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player.
We live and breathe our core values: Support, Collaboration, Innovation, Fast-Paced & Pride! Our success over the past decade is largely due to our vision to hire the BEST people in the industry. Is that you? If so, JOIN OUR TEAM!
On Q Financial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans & individuals with disabilities to apply. Diversity and inclusion are vital to fulfilling our Mission to simplify the mortgage process to make the dream of home ownership a reality—for everyone.
Our Multicultural platforms are disrupting the industry which is only made possible by our diverse, unique, and inclusive family. THE DREAM IS INCLUSIVE!