By joining Bio-Techne, you’ll join a company with a powerful and positive purpose of enabling cutting-edge research in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers to further treat and prevent disease worldwide.
The responsibilities of this position are to assist the protein product development team in the area of recombinant protein expression. This includes the preparation of eukaryotic expression vectors, cell culture, and screening procedures. The successful candidate will perform various techniques such as DNA preps, sub-cloning, mammalian and insect cell culture, transfections, Western blotting, ELISA, and flow cytometry. They will also prepare buffers and reagents, assist in cleaning and maintenance of the laboratory and equipment, and perform other general lab duties as assigned.
- Follow established SOPs and procedures for molecular biology techniques including DNA preps and high throughput cloning and screening
- Expression of recombinant proteins in mammalian and insect cell lines, using established cell culture and transfection techniques and procedures
- Analyze protein expression levels using techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, and flow cytometry
- Participation in general lab duties such as preparation of media, buffers and other reagents, equipment maintenance and record keeping
- Effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary team on development of new products and services
- Contribute ideas for improving results for difficult expression projects
- Perform data entry and analysis, prepare reports. Share data at meetings with fellow employees
- Follow guidelines and comply with all company safety, quality, and training procedures and regulations