Required Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, and processes of food and beverage preparation and delivery.
- Principles, practices, and processes of safe food handing.
- Computer hardware and software applications.
- Responsible alcohol service as outlined in OLCC alcohol service training.
Required Skill in:
- Serving food and beverages.
- Recognizing and correcting situations that are unhealthy or may lead to poor customer service.
- Monitoring and providing customer service.
- Operating computer hardware and software applications.
- Communicating both orally and in writing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and six (6) months food and beverage work experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Low security gaming license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
- State of Oregon Food Handler’s Certificate.
- State of Oregon Liquor Control Commission Server’s Permit
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in a food service environment, with routine exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or tobacco smoke and occasional exposure to extreme cold or heat and potentially toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Subject to high levels of noise.
- Work is subject to frequent standing and walking, with occasional sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Work is subject to frequent use of hands to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, standard office equipment, box knife, card board crusher, and tools and equipment normally used in providing food and beverages such as coffee urns, espresso machines, push carts, trays, bus tubs, utensils and serving plates, telephone, audio/video equipment, and two-way radio.