For almost 75 years, Paralyzed Veterans of America has changed lives and helped to create brighter futures for our injured heroes. We are one of the leading advocates for paralyzed veterans and all people living with disabilities, and one of the main voices behind some of this country’s greatest legislation, like Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). PVA has a proven track record of helping members and veterans to access and secure benefits they have earned and deserve – securing billions of dollars over the years – and we work tirelessly to help our veterans to maximize their independence.
PVA is one of the 100 largest U.S. Charities (ranked by Forbes), named Nonprofit of the Year by DMA Nonprofit Foundation, voted Top 5 Most Impactful Veteran Charities by Impact Matters in 2020, and was voted as the “Brand of The Year” within the Military & Veteran Serving Nonprofit category of the 2018 Harris Poll EquiTrend study.
Summary of Position:
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is a key driver in promoting awareness of PVA’s mission, digital fundraising, programs, and advocacy efforts. This role will own the end to end management of PVA’s blog and internal email activities including campaign development, content sourcing, trafficking and execution via Hubspot and Salesforce Marketing Cloud. In collaboration with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing & Communications, this role also manages the content of PVA.org including content updates, optimizations for search engine marketing (SEM) and donor conversion, and promotion of both internal and external facing campaigns.
In addition, the position will work in partnership with the Social Media Manager to develop cross-channel strategies and general engagement to further PVA’s brand awareness and reach.
- Utilizing Hubspot and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, manaqe the creation, deployment and performance of email campaigns for internal campaigns. Builds email layout, manages distribution/scheduling, and ensures email is optimized to meet respective business and program goals. Post analysis performance reporting upon request.
- In collaboration with PVA’s digital marketing agency, assists with managing external facing email campaigns including content/asset collection, review of creative, trafficking, and seeking/executing opportunities to integrate across other digital channels.
- Partner with creative team to create images for donation forms, newsletters, emails, blogs and webpage content. Oversee the review, edit, and implementation process of these images; with brand standards, engagement, and web/mobile optimization top of mind.
- Regularly assists with managing digital marketing vendor relations; ensuring project deadlines are met and invoices are paid timely.
- Receives internal partner department digital requests; and clearly communicates needs/timelines to accomplish ask. Interprets request to ensure program goals are efficiently and strategically met, within PVA branding and messaging standards.
- Constructs new website pages and regularly makes content updates. Thoughtfully determines internal global impact of website changes and keeps in regular communications with affected areas.
- Work closely with in the Marketing and Communications department, primarily social media and public relations stakeholders, to synchronize and synergize content to produce better resonance with donors, corporate partners and other target audiences.
- Constantly stays in-the-know on industry and technology best practice/trends and makes recommendations and applications to digital layouts, strategy, aesthetic treatments, and media placement as needed.
- Reviews and proofreads all outbound digital communications including but not limited to newsletter, blog, email, and website copy, mock-ups and test messages. Provide feedback to Associate Director of Digital Marketing & Communications.
- Monitors website and SEO/SEM performance daily and provides reporting; constantly seeks and executes opportunities to increase website traffic and conversions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Associate Director of Digital Marketing & Communications.