A Little Bit About Us
Wagner Machine Company is a small, but growing, manufacturing company. We currently have 49 employees, and we are excited to add additional team members in the next quarter. We understand the day-to-day life of our employees because we have been there ourselves. We are a company that is owned and operated by machinists. Most of our top leadership started out as machinists and will happily jump in to help troubleshoot tricky issues.
We are quite literally a family company, with some 2nd and even 3rd generation employees on our team. Additionally, 50% of our staff have been with us for five years or more and many have been working with us for over 10 years! Wagner Machine Company is a close-knit community, we even enjoy spending time together outside of business hours. You won’t be just a number here, we’ll know you by name and if you give us enough time, we’ll probably know your kids’ names, too.
Wagner Machine offers opportunities and benefits that are typically found at much larger corporations while maintaining the atmosphere and flexibility of a small shop. We offer health and dental insurance, 401k options, paid vacation time, paid holidays, parental leave, short and long-term disability, company provided apparel, a four-and-a-half-day work week, and breakfast every Thursday!
At Wagner Machine Company we encourage all our employees to grow and advance professionally. We will happily pay for classes to help you take the next step in your career with us. We want all our employees to be the best at what they do! Our employees don’t need to wait for a position to open before learning new skills, if you’re ready to take the next step then we work with you to do so. Our goal is to train you well enough that you can get a job anywhere but treat you well enough that you’ll want to stay.
Wagner Machine Company Values
- Communication - Maintain clear communication between all areas of the company.
- Humility - Work smarter, not harder. Asking for help is the smart thing to do. Acknowledge your weaknesses so you can learn, improve, and grow. (Just because you saw it on YouTube, doesn't mean you are proficient at it)
- Integrity - "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you." Matthew 7:12a
- Innovation - Apply our collective machining knowledge to make "impossible parts". Encourage problem solving and outside-the-box thinking on an individual level. Continue to explore and apply new manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Development - Train our employees well enough that they can get a job anywhere; treat them well enough they want to stay.
Prototype Machinist Wanted
Wagner Machine Company is searching for the best of the best as we continue to grow our team! We are excited to find a Prototype Machinist who is as passionate about advanced manufacturing as we are, has a diverse machining background and strong mechanical aptitude. Our machinists understand the importance of innovation, have the expertise to tackle complex machined parts, and the drive to exceed our customers’ expectations on every job.
Solid troubleshooting skills based on extensive machining knowledge are foundational for an excellent machinist. To excel in this position, you must leverage those skills to be proficient at CAD/CAM programming, setup, and operation of CNC machines. Wagner Machine prides itself on staying ahead of the game with modern machines, advanced CAM software, and extensive tooling and workholding options to provide our machinists with the equipment to perform their jobs at the highest standards.
Our prototype machinists work on projects individually but often collaborate with each other to figure out the best method to fixture and machine complex parts. We are always learning from each other and every project we complete. While prototype machining can be challenging, we encourage our employees to face projects head-on with grace and a healthy dose of humor.
If you are highly motivated, have excellent problem-solving abilities and want to be part of an awesome team, we want to talk to you!
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Evaluate prints and solid model CAD Files
- Identify best methods to make high quality parts within the quoted cycle time
- Use CAM software to create efficient and repeatable toolpaths
- Set up and operate 3&5-axis CNC mills and CNC lathes
- Inspect parts to internal quality standards
- Document jobs to company policy
- Ensure finished parts are deburred properly and look good
- Complete work on time
- Keep learning
- Maintain accountability to performance standards and core values
- Other duties as assigned