The successful candidate will work both independently and in a team to build and assemble wind sensors (vanes and anemometers), instruments, and/or data loggers. After initial product and manufacturing system training, the employee can work independently and build established production products. The work environment requires the employee to continuously learn more skills and production systems. In addition, this employee could provide training, champion production processes and lead small improvement projects.
Note that daily tasks may be repetitive. Our work environment models a lean manufacturing operation and is typically busy and open.
This is a full-time position in the manufacturing department and reports to our Production Group Leader. This position will work in partnership with the production team to achieve the goals of the department that are in line with the company strategic plan, and will embrace the high standards of NRG ethics and core values.
Daily activities may include:
- Mechanical assembly and testing of electronic components
- Quality control tasks
Other activities include:
- Training fellow co-workers
- Participating or leading process improvement projects
- Working on non-standard products
- Assuming responsibility for the production quality, consistency, and integrity of company products or processes. (Championing)
- Assisting Team Leaders
Once employee is trained and certified:
- Employee will be required to work alone, be self-directed and solve day-to-day issues
- Employee has total responsibility for product quality and process integrity
- Employee can make decisions on work priority and personal schedules in order to meet teams daily requirements.