The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agency’s day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment through the collaboration with the Bureau of Network Technology & Telecommunication Services.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking qualified candidates for 5 Computer Service Technician positions. The candidates will provide IT support by assisting POD and DOH clinic staff in the reporting of daily vaccination rates and will troubleshoot issues that may arise.
The selected candidate will travel to multiple DOHMH sites throughout the city. This is a fulltime position; candidates are expected to work 35 hours.
Offered salary is $40,000.
- Provide IT technical support for New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)
- Maintain network systems (LAN) including Windows Servers, and other computer peripheral devices.
- Provide technical support to end-users of Microsoft products, DOHMH in-house applications, and third-party software packages
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds is required to move computer equipment from location to location. Rack and cable servers; remove servers and prepare for salvage.
- Perform computer diagnostic and troubleshooting processes to resolve network, hardware, and software errors.
- Create installation and troubleshooting guides for IT staff and end users.
- Test and configure applications for Windows OS environment.
- Travel to other work sites when required.