The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Finance has central responsibility and authority for policy analysis, program development, performance tracking and improvement, financial management, resource maximization and technical assistance. Finance helps to ensure that programs and administrative operations have the information, analysis, funding and technical capacity to deliver critical services effectively and meet DOHMH's objectives.
Grant: Enhanced Detection, Response, Surveillance, and Prevention of COVID-19
Location: DOHMH headquarter, LIC
Reporting to the Director of Agency-wide contracts/Finance Administration, the Senior Contract Associate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects under agency-wide contracts between DOHMH and FPHNYC. This position will serve as the administrative point of contact for proposal review, approvals and implementation. The Senior Contract Associate will review all requests for appropriateness, and ensure that projects are in compliance with established DOHMH and FPHNY administrative and financial policies and procedures. Finance Administration is the point of contact between the Fund for Public Health in New York (FPHNY), DOHMH programs, and other City Agencies seeking to leverage FPHNY for critical public health initiatives, pilot projects, and other urgent needs. The Senior Contract Associate will work a 35 hour per week schedule.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communications skills, be a detail-oriented, innovative thinker and a proven, creative problem-solver. They will also have the ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive proposals.
With high degree of responsibility and broad latitude for independent action, the selected candidate will be experienced in contract and project management, review and track COVID-19 projects administered through FPHNY, including reviewing budgets, monitoring expenditures, maintaining supporting documentation and processing project amendments.
The selected candidate will:
- Serve as the Finance Administration point of contact for project requests and monitor all project-related activities including amendments, encumbrances and payments to reimburse FPHNY.
- Work in collaboration with FPHNY, DOHMH programs and Finance units to resolve issues affecting project implementation, including subcontract approval, timely reimbursement to FPHNY for project-related expenditures, and development of policies and procedures.
- Advise program partners on managing project funds including reviewing DOHMH payment reports to ensure appropriate spending, analyzing and revising budgets and processing amendments, as required.
- Work with FPHNY to review Accounts Receivable reports and reconcile against DOHMH payment reports; working with DOHMH to ensure accurate submission of Fiscal Year accruals
- Manage lifecycle of contracts to ensure that contract Maximum Reimbursable Amounts allow for continued project approvals and that potential issues are flagged for Finance and FPHNY leadership.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to senior level FPHNY and FIN staff regarding project requests.
- Collaborate with multiple units and staff from other bureaus across the Agency to project COVID-19 related expenses and ensure that expenses are charged to appropriate funding
- Develop effective spreadsheets to report, compare, and analyze budget numbers
- Assist in the development and implementation of new policies
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed