Efficiently and effectively monitors assigned credits, which includes but is not limited to; financial tracking, maturities, annual reviews, document exceptions and ongoing monitoring. Performs independent analysis of the assigned credits for the purpose of recommending approval, denial or alternative structures, while noting any deviations from the Loan Policy as appropriate. Assists with the management and review of commercial and agricultural loan administration process, incorporating documentation, closing, funding, post-closing, LOC funding, Small Business Administration and FSA lending programs. Will participate in Lender meetings with client/prospect to develop a direct working relationship with the customer.
Also responsible for making loans within established lending limits with full accountability for the Bank’s business and consumer activities. Within this role; provides superior customer service and financial counsel to current customers to retain existing business and identifies/solicits profitable business deposit and loan relationships in the bank’s target market to develop new business. Requires knowledge of standard lending practices and expertise in dealing with commercial and agricultural lending.
- Assists with requests and obtains all information needed from the client or prospect to underwrite the credit request. Independently, or jointly with Credit Analysts prepares necessary spreadsheet detail of all applicable financial information and provides in-depth written analysis of facts and/or opinions of loan requests for professional presentation to approval committees.
- May be assigned credits with specific workout and collection duties. May include completion of watchlist comments on direct lending portfolio and/or assigned credits.
- Manage assigned credits and/or a direct loan portfolio, assuring compliance to lending policies and procedures, monitoring customers financial condition, repayment progress, making customer calls, monitoring maturing notes/annual reviews, documentation exception reports and securing current information in the electronic (Info Access) file. May include monitoring of Borrowing Base certificates to ensure collateral coverage is adequate and alerting Loan Officer of any collateral shortfalls. Closes loans using proper documentation.
- Perform inspections and collateral reviews for all production lines maintained. Assists customers with preparation and review of financial statements.
- Accepts requests for appraisal orders for commercial/Ag and residential properties. After selecting a board approved appraiser, prepares and delivers written request to the appraiser, monitors timeliness of receipt of appraisals ensuring prompt customer service for anticipated closing dates. Records status of all appraisals in the tracking worksheet on the Intranet.
- Reviews appraisals for adherence to bank policies and USPAP guidelines. Provides appraisal and written appraisal review report in a timely manner. Reports any discrepancies or other appraisal issues to the VP/Compliance Officer.
- Accepts requests for evaluations of residential, commercial and Ag real estate. Prepares evaluations in accordance with bank policy for use in reviews of pending credit requests.
- Attends Officers Loan Committees and Executive Loan Committee, as necessary, to answer questions and/or present credit presentations he/she is involved in.
- Provide mentoring to Credit Analysts, including training on procedures and software and review of credit proposals.
- Cross sells bank products by answering inquiries and ascertaining customer’s needs through regular assessment of credit files for cross sale opportunities and referral of such opportunities to appropriate department/personnel.
- Manages a direct loan portfolio of commercial and agriculture loan accounts. Interviews applicants, prepares and documents applications, gathers and evaluates financial and related data to establish credit worthiness, approves or declines credit within established limits and submits applications for credit exceeding limits to appropriate authorities, establishes and re-negotiates credit terms, when necessary.
- Meets with existing customers in direct loan portfolio to ensure proper servicing of accounts and to expand existing business relationships while evaluating how bank services can mitigate risk.
- Works independently or jointly with Credit Analysts to underwrite the credit, advise and develop the appropriate credit structure and determine adequate collateral position to ensure financial risk is managed properly. Includes analysis of financial statements to assess performance ratios, strengths and weaknesses as pertaining to a borrower’s historical operating performance.
- Participate with the Lending Officer and/or Credit Analyst in meetings with the client or prospect to establish a direct working relationship with customer and become a backup contact and resource for customers of assigned credits. May require travel at times.
- Occasional travel to FCB branches, as needed, to assist with Borrower’s needs and build Borrower relationships.
- Prepares lending reports for bank review by the loan committee or supervisor. Presents loans exceeding lending authority to loan committee. Protects the bank’s assets by monitoring the watch-list credits, developing an action plan for classified credits to up-grade the status.
- Assists in Business development efforts throughout the bank.
- Compliance duties as assigned by SVP Credit Administration.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by projecting a positive attitude and accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Participates in civic and community activities to generate visibility and contact for the bank.
- Attends mandatory compliance and security sessions. Monitors daily work for adherence to compliance and security regulations, policies/procedures, and promptly corrects any deficiencies.
- Participates in special projects as assigned
*** % is based on average of all positions; some %’s may vary dependent upon the location