The Operations Lead is responsible for the daily supervision and direction of the Buildings and Grounds, Yard and safety oversight at the garden center. The Ops Lead will work closely with their supervisor to improve system efficiency, reduce losses, and deliver an exceptional customer experience, while strategizing innovative solutions for solving problems, making repairs and improvements that will reduce overhead costs and increase sales. A primary function of the Ops Lead is to ensure that products are transported safely and efficiently, and that facilities and equipment are maintained in an attractive manner that increases the quality of our customer experience. The safety of our employees and customers is a top priority as such the Ops Lead is responsible for overseeing the store safety committee and insuring compliance to all state and federal guidelines.
- Ensure excellent (internal and external) customer service at all times, ensuring staff effectively and consistently engage, direct and assist customers and respond to internal requests promptly and collaboratively.
- Responsible for daily task supervision of the building & grounds, irrigation and yard teams
- Maintain retail readiness and direct staff to ensure cleanliness throughout the entire property.
- As safety officer communicate an awareness of safety policies and procedures to all team members. Ensure that Incident Reports are filed with HR and the Store Manager in a timely manner, and appropriate remedial action is taken to prevent recurrence.
- Set the weekly tasks necessary to achieve goals and manage the daily operations of the operations team.
- In partnership with the Yard Foreman and buying team to ensure appropriate and proactive ordering, receiving and placement of bulk and bagged soil, mulch and stone inventory to meet current and upcoming customer demand.
- Ensure all staff are property trained and certified to operate equipment safely and effectively and maintain appropriate documentation
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the property, including building structure, fixtures, systems, utilities, equipment, and vehicles, as well as the location of all products being sold and stored.
- Partner with D & I Lead, Inventory Supervisor and Yard Lead to identify and address all pertinent equipment issues, maintaining safety and security systems such as alarms, cameras and lights, in order to maximize operating time, increase efficiency and minimize repair costs.
- In collaboration with store management facilitate seasonal merchandizing and décor changes and the movement of product in and out of receiving and/or storage and between the sales floor and customer/delivery vehicles.
- Work with store management to coordinate repair and maintenance work - Request and review estimates, coordinate with insurance representatives, prepare and monitor budgets, coordinate subcontractors. Coordination and review of contracted services, including, but not limited to snow removal, mowing, trash and recycling, alarm security, and pest control.
- Partner with the Green Goods Receiving Team to pull and prepare nursery orders for outgoing deliveries as needed.
- Partner with the Watering and IPM Team to maintain health of plant material, including hand watering/irrigation system, integrated pest management, and plant maintenance
- Lead the Yard Foreman and Custodian in ensuring the overall cleanliness and neatness of our grounds including but not limited to soils overhang, delivery and yard shed, back drive, front pad, bulk bins, commercial parking and other areas needed.
- Responsible for the daily monitoring and maintenance in all areas of facility structural integrity, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, as well as assuming overall accountability for the physical grounds of our Williston Garden Center.
- Work with store management to manage all construction, repair and maintenance work - Request and review estimates, coordinate with insurance representatives, prepare and monitor budgets, coordinate subcontractors and manage contracts for property maintenance such as snowplowing and mowing. Oversight of contracted services, including, but not limited to snow removal, mowing, trash and recycling, alarm security, and pest control.
- Must be present and punctual for all assigned shifts, work a flexible schedule when needed, including evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Participate in receiving process as assigned
- Perform MOD duties as scheduled including opening and closing the garden center, directing staff in all areas, ensuring excellent service throughout the garden center
- Be present and punctual for all assigned shifts, work a flexible schedule when needed, including evenings, holidays and weekends
- Seasonal overtime may be required
- Other duties as assigned