Required Skills & Competencies
- General understanding or working knowledge of Georgia’s education and workforce systems including K-12, higher education, workforce development stakeholders, and other training programs and providers.
- Ability to take ownership, manage and track projects from ideas to outcomes.
- Ability to draft and present information or ideas (including data) in both public and private settings across varying audiences and mediums.
- Ability to set up and manage events successfully both in-person and virtual.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to independently problem solve.
Desired Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to work in teams and across departments while managing solo projects and team projects in conjunction with MAC goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,), Zoom/Teams, and other virtual meeting programs, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a variety of media – phone, text, email, other online platforms, etc. – with varying group sizes.
- Ability to network in small groups and establish and nurture new contacts and relationships.
- Willingness to complete Talent Pipeline Management training from the U.S. Chamber.
Working at the Metro Atlanta Chamber
The team at the Metro Atlanta Chamber strives every day to honor our seven organizational values. One way we do that is by recruiting the region’s – and dare we say, the world’s – top talent. Our colleagues represent a diverse group of professionals from across industry sectors, organizational types and geographic regions, all striving for excellence. They set MAC apart as a premier organization to work for and engage with, both across the region and beyond.
MAC’s multicultural and multigenerational team extends from metro Atlanta’s diversity and vitality. Most importantly, we celebrate our differences and welcome the wide-range of experiences that our colleagues bring to their roles every day. To build on those diverse backgrounds, we’re encouraged to participate in professional development activities and offered opportunities to work alongside our region’s top business leaders.
Walking into the MAC offices reveals a bright, modern space that’s bustling with innovation and ripe for collaboration. And don’t forget about the 360-degree views, Coca-Cola freestyle machine, wellness room, one-of-a-kind art and one of downtown Atlanta’s most photographed lobby art pieces: our giant, custom-built, wooden ATL. We’re proud of our tech-savvy workspace and think you’ll be impressed, too.
At MAC, we believe that metro Atlanta is the center of what’s new, now and next in business, entertainment, tech and much more. And we can’t wait to share our story on a global scale.
Act as One
- We act and achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- We are positive and supportive of the image of the organization & metro Atlanta.
- We demonstrate cooperation and trust with colleagues across the organization.
- We recognize the requirement and actively work to support other teams.
Deliver with Passion
- We have a strong belief and zeal for our region, its citizens, our jobs and the organization.
- We convey energy and intensity at work with a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved.
- We like to make the right things happen.
Operate with Integrity
- We deliver on promises to stakeholders, employees and team members.
- We provide timely, honest and fair feedback.
- We engage in productive, positive conversations.
- We do not pursue individual objectives to the detriment of the company goals.
- We create new ideas and opportunities.
- We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit that focuses on organizational growth.
- We are willing to take risks, share new ideas and consider new and untested approaches.
- We continually find ways to improve processes.
- We are honest and direct as well as tactful and considerate.
- We leave things as good as or better than we found them.
- We consider perspectives outside of our own.
- We give attention to the things that are important to others.
- We recognize that everyone plays a critical role in the success of the organization.
- We look for both fun and humor in our daily work.
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves.
- We celebrate and embrace our diversity and each person’s individuality.
- We focus on and celebrate winning.
- We treasure diversity as the blending of different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and identities.
- We value open participation from individuals with different ideas and viewpoints.
- We foster an inclusive culture within our organization, with our partners, and members.