Work for a company that cares and receive a bonus! Teachers may be eligible for a $2500 new hire incentive bonus if hired and meet all qualifications.
St. Stephen's Lutheran Academy is a licensed private academic school for students in grades K through 12 who require specialized educational programs due to diverse challenges. Our innovative programs are designed to help students succeed by creating a therapeutic environment of positive behavior interventions. Our philosophy is that every interaction with a child is an opportunity to help them learn, grow and heal.
What We Offer:
- Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) environment
- Therapeutic equine, animal and horticulture therapy offered to our students though our Adventures Program
- Low student to teacher ratios
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements
- Partnerships with over 40 local school districts
- Technology in every classroom
- State of the art sensory playground on our historic Zelienople campus
- Glade Run is Sanctuary certified we provide a supportive, respectful environment for our clients and our staff where shared governance, open communication, social learning and responsibility, non-violence, emotional intelligence, and growth and change are paramount in all aspects of our programming
What You’ll Do:
- Create a learning environment using academic standards, IEP Goals, clear expectations, and Positive Interventions and Supports in order for our students to thrive.
- Build relationships with students in order to create an instructional design process that plans for adaptations and meeting individual student needs.
- Implement appropriate assessments of student learning aligned to the instructional goals and adapted to individual students.
- Establish clear expectations, classroom routines to engage students and maximize instruction.
- Model appropriate interactions, communication and conduct as a tool for managing student behavior. We encourage our teachers to demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness in meeting the learning needs of students.
- Implement student IEP’s, document progress, communicate with parents, attend meetings, use informal and formal assessments to monitor student learning.
- As a way to improve upon your craft of teaching, use reflection as a tool to enhance instruction and participate in professional development.
- The Computer Teacher will facilitate the Computer curriculum, encourage creative, related computer activities school-wide, serve as a computer resource to all staff and participate in all school meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree Required, preferably in Education.
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certification in Business, Computer and Information Technology PK-12.
- Complete and pass agency Crisis/Physical Intervention training.
- Must have acceptable PA State Police Clearance, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Clearance, and Arrest/Conviction Report.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and 401K offerings with agency match
- Agency provided life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Up to 9 weeks of paid summer break time
- Paid school break time during the school year according to the school calendar
- Tuition reimbursement
- New Hire Incentive Bonuses
- Employee Referral Bonus Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Partnership with Capella University offering scholarships, tuition discounts, and free professional development opportunities
Who We Are: Founded in 1854 by the Rev. Dr. William Passavant in Zelienople, Pennsylvania, Glade Run has evolved over the years to meet the changing and increasingly challenging needs of children, adults and families throughout Western Pennsylvania and beyond. With a focus on education, mental health, autism, and unique therapeutic offerings, Glade Run has a long tradition of linking faith and service. Last year, Glade Run served over 5,000 individuals with impactful, innovative services in school, home, and community settings. Equal Opportunity Employer